Home Metal Detecting
Options

Ace 250 question

I am still in a learning curve with it, haven't had too long. In what scenario would I want to turn the sensitivity all the way to full? I started out turning it all the way up and got a lot of false signals and now I have it about halfway.
"If I had a nickel for every nickel I ever had, I'd have all my nickels back".

Comments

• Options
    Yeah! mine too, well almost....when i hunt in the parks and such i run the sensitivity between 50-75% without much problem....on the beach, in the wet sand, i have to run it below the halfway mark or the falsing drives me nuts....i like the machine, i guess thats just the way it is though....good luck
    "see ya at the beach"
    imageimageimageimage
  • Options
    I've got a White's Prizm III, but it's the same for any detector. Don't put the sensitivity up all the way because of that. It's just like a pinpointer. You have to set the sensitivity right so it dosen't constently ring at everything.
    Happy Hunting!image
  • Options
    On my 2500 I run the sens at around 8.5...If the soil is "clean"...then I would set it higher, but I have not seen where it goes that much deeper..as a matter of fact, if the sens is set too high, it will be a mask to the objects below...
  • Options
    lordmarcovanlordmarcovan Posts: 43,216 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just set the sensitivity as high as it will go without causing false signals. If you get false or erratic signals, ease off on the sensitivity a bit.

Down here we can get away with pretty high settings unless it's on the beach. In other areas, that isn't the case. 50-75% may be the best you can do.

Explore collections of lordmarcovan on CollecOnline, management, safe-keeping, sharing and valuation solution for art piece and collectibles.
  • Options

<< <i>In what scenario would I want to turn the sensitivity all the way to full? >>

The only time I can run sensitivity at max (12 on the GTI) or close to it is when I have a sniper coil on. In certain soils it can still false at max but not too often.

On the 250 4 bars is usually the norm for the standard coil.
    Analog Rules! Knobs and Switches are cool!
    imageimage
  • Options
    Pretty much the same for myself as well. I have had a few places that I have used the 250 that I can run it at 75% (6 out of 8) but most of the time it's on 50% (4 out of 8) or just one notch above that. The one time I went to the beach, I was able to set sens to 50% or just one notch below.

The 250 is an awesome machine. In the month and a half that I have had it, I have found almost $70 (counting both US and British money) with it and quite a few old relics.
    Speer34

imageimageimage