Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

I'm not a card guy but... what ever happened with etopps?

I remember reading a few years ago about the etopps thing and although I thought the concept was pretty strange, it seemed to be kind of popular. I don't recall hearing much about it lately and a search didn't find a single thread about etopps this year.

Just wondering what happened with it.

New collectors, please educate yourself before spending money on coins; there are people who believe that using numismatic knowledge to rip the naïve is what this hobby is all about.

Comments

• Options
    AllenAllen Posts: 7,165 ✭✭✭
    It targets a specific group of collectors, much like heritage, and they are crazy about it. There is still a lot of current stuff on eBay.
  • Options
    Stone193Stone193 Posts: 24,351 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think JS may have a salient comment on the topic of "eFlopps."

mike
    Mike
  • Options
    I still do a lot with etopps and I have had very good profits with it, mainly cause I got in at 2003 and made a killing on basketball and football and some key 2001 rookies like Chad Johnson. I really love the platform and it's a good community. The cards are incredible in hand, especially in hand. Next time you go to a big show look for some etopps cards and take a look at how great they look.
  • Options
    Never really read up on ETopps. Could you give a quick synopsis of what it's all about?
  • Options
    Is It Like a bond&stocks market?
  • Options
    sfmays24sfmays24 Posts: 1,002 ✭✭
    Hello All,

I have a complete 2000 eTopps Test Issue Football set that I puchased from eTopps during their limted offering back in Dec. 1999... please PM if interested. I only purchased this group and have no idea what's happened with eTopps items since then.

thank you,

Mike
    sfmays24
  • Options
    NickMNickM Posts: 4,896 ✭✭✭
    sfmays - you kicked butt with these. 2000 eTopps have shot up dramatically. You can go to etopps.com to see the current prices on them.

Nick
    Reap the whirlwind.

Need to buy something for the wife or girlfriend? Check out Vintage Designer Clothing.
  • Options

<< <i>sfmays - you kicked butt with these. 2000 eTopps have shot up dramatically. You can go to etopps.com to see the current prices on them.

Nick >>

I believe he is talking about the promo set, this is different then 2000 etopps cards. The promo set also had an Urlacher card that was not made in the regular set, I do not believe there is a lot of value for this set but I will see if I can find any info for you.

If you have a whole 2000 etopps set in port with Jamal Lewis, Peyton, Emmittm etc.........then it has good value and you can sell the whole port ot someone.
  • Options
    General overview of etopps.

Each week they have an IPO. They offer a limited number of cards, ie: this week Mcnabb has an IPO off 4.75 and is limited to 1200 cards. People place their orders for whatever cards they want, sometimes cards sell out and hit their max at whatever their number is, sometimes they do not sell out and this leads to lower print runs and cards that are more rare.

After the IPO process then the card sgo in your port where you can let them sit there or you can have them shipped to you and take them in hand. As long as they are in port you can trade them with other members through the trade post, sell them on ebay where another member will buy it and it will go in their port, or sell them on cardtarget.com

Cardtarget is a great website and is really the price guide for etopps. You can try and go for complete sets, or accumulate your favorite player. Some people have acquired up to 50% or more of a few cards and as supply sinks the price naturally goes up. This is a very brief description, some people hate etopps, others love it.........if you're interested check out etopps.com or cardtarget.com
  • Options
    sfmays24sfmays24 Posts: 1,002 ✭✭
    Thank you, Nick & gregmadduxfan

I'll check out the trading sites you mentioned... Urlacher was not part of the 12 card Test-Issue set.

sfmays24
  • Options
    sfmays......thats good that you dont have the set with him in it, that was a promo set with little to no value. The 2000 set you have is worth some money assuming they are all still in your portfolio so check out cardtarget.com