Home World & Ancient Coins Forum
Options

How Would You Go about Finding....?

How would you go about finding a modern French coin if you had no luck for months on eBay??

I've been looking for a long time for a modern commemorative 100 Franc / 15 ECU dual denomimation commemorative silver crown featuring the Alhambra (in Grenada, Spain) on the reverse. It is KM# 1112 with a catalog value of $35 in Proof.

I would like to obtain this coin because I like the design and think that the Alhambra is one of the most beautiful places on the planet. Too bad Spain hasn't gotten around to honoring its own wonder on a coin.

Anyway, if anyone has any ideas -- good French dealers, websites, other strategies -- please share. As always, I appreciate the information offered on this forum....!
"The Internet? Is that thing still around??" - Homer Simpson

Comments

• Options
    newsmannewsman Posts: 2,658 ✭✭✭
    Try eBay France: www.ebay.com.fr. Failing that, I can check on a couple of French dealers for you.
  • Options
    bosoxbosox Posts: 1,510 ✭✭✭✭
    Numismatic author & owner of the Uncommon Cents collections. 2011 Fred Bowman award winner, 2020 J. Douglas Ferguson award winner, & 2022 Paul Fiocca award winner.

http://www.victoriancent.com
  • Options
    It took me a while to find the French "Champollion" commemorative. The month I found it I found three more.
    "It is good for the state that the people do not think."

Adolf Hitler
  • Options
    newsmannewsman Posts: 2,658 ✭✭✭
    If you're looking for more modern French stuff, you can buy it online here
  • Options
    BailathaclBailathacl Posts: 1,015 ✭✭✭
    Newsman, thanks for the eBay.fr tip, I never knew you had to try other nation's different URLs to access their items on eBay. I found one already, and have sent a question to the seller (in fractured French) to find out if they accept PayPal or U.S. cash.... I don't have any Euros lying around....

Keep the suggestions coming, but thanks to everyone so far for their suggestions. This forum always astounds me.... in a good way.
    "The Internet? Is that thing still around??" - Homer Simpson