Home PSA Set Registry Forum

61 Topps FB

Wow, did you see some of the recent prices on this stuff?
There was an eBay auction recently for a PSA 8 of #38 (one of the last two cards needed for my set).
I believe it books for $60 or so and I thought I would throw down a $250 and just be done with it. When I went back to bid, I was just road kill. I think it went for over $300. Reminds me of 64T FB at the moment which has all the 9's at 4x SMR and up.
Have raw copies of the last two to submit and need a few more upgrades but will compete this year with the master. On this set it is Vineyard who built the top set, sold it, and built it again to beat his last set. I see MOSH showed up with a 100% set recently but not the Lemm set I suspected that sold this summer. That one still has not showed up. Maybe an October surprise.
Anyway, John, this is fair warning. You may win but I am going to put a little effeort into this one over the next month.
Fuzz
Wanted: Bell Brands FB and BB, Chiefs regionals especially those ugly milk cards, Coke caps, Topps and Fleer inserts and test issues from the 60's. 1981 FB Rack pack w/ Jan Stenerud on top.

Comments

• fear the fuzz
  • It'll be fun over the next month. I have a few 9s coming in the mail, but I'm still watching for Paul Lemm's set to pop up - and wishing I had bid a little higher for it.

We have some competion for the 9s on ebay. I got blown out tonight on a couple.
    John Vineyard