Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

October Specials? Modern Cards 1981-2004? Please!

I would like to see a special that includes cards after 1992, it seems like all the modern specials have gone from 1972-92 and since 1981 was a year that the BB card market dramatically changed, it seems like 1981-2004 would 'fit'. Any thoughts?

C'mon, after Sundays game I need some cards to get ready for submission to keep my mind off the Jets! I'll break down a 1985 Topps Tiffany set (maybe a 1998 Topps Diamondback Inaugural Factory set too, if interest exists) in this forum with scans if we rally for this special. Cool?

----------------------------------------------------------
1985 Topps Tiffany Factory Sealed Set on ebay

Comments

• Options
    ctsoxfanctsoxfan Posts: 6,246 ✭✭
    This sounds good to me. Perhaps two specials again, the other being 60's cards again - I missed out the last time.
  • Options
    pandrewspandrews Posts: 7,598 ✭✭✭

60's would be good..
    ·p_A·
  • Options
    sagardsagard Posts: 1,898 ✭✭✭
    Is the '50s special a two month deal or is it over?
  • Options
    envoy98envoy98 Posts: 4,000 ✭✭
    According to the banner your submission must be postmarked by 10/31. So it looks like it's a 2 month deal. My guess is they'll replace the Non-Sports special on 10/1 with something else...hopefully a 60's special or a real "modern" special that goes beyond 1992. I have a stack of stuff from 93-05 that I need holdered for various sets as well...but not 100 cards worth to get the "discount".
  • Options
    Yeh a 60s special would be nice...a modern special would be sweet too because I still have tons of cards to go for my maddux registry and any sort of discount would definitely help me out!

Have they ever had a modern special? I haven't seen one but then again I haven't been a PSA member for that long.
    Current Sets:
    1960 Armour Coins
    Greg Maddux Basic
    Greg Maddux Master
    All Time 49ers
  • Options
    larryallen73larryallen73 Posts: 6,057 ✭✭✭
    I vote for MODERN also! Have a ton of "worthless" 1980's crap to send to PSA. It looks better in holders!
  • Options
    ctsoxfanctsoxfan Posts: 6,246 ✭✭
    Okay then - it seems like we would like to see:

1. Modern cards 1980 to present

2. 60's commons

$5 per - no minimum - turnaround time not guaranteed

• Options
    envoy98envoy98 Posts: 4,000 ✭✭

Now lets see what PSA thinks.

ct-you should send this thread over to Joe and let him know. They've been really good about responding to wants since the Nationals. It might be worth a shot.
  • Options
    Jetsfan - Think VINNY!
    RayBShotz
    Never met a Vintage card I didn't like!
  • Options
    The October special states no Super Sized cards, does this exclude the Topps Basketball 1970 Tall Boys? In the past they were more specific and stated no Tall Boy, can anyone share some light on this? I could ask their customer service department but I'm sure I'll receive a faster response from the message boards. Thanks in advance.

• Options
    Since this month's special doesn't include cards form the 1985 Topps Tiffany BB Card set I mentioned in the first post, I've decided to ebay the set. Please follow the link at the top of the page to check it out as it's a beauty. Thanks.
  • Options
    eddiev,

I'm pretty sure that you can include the tall-boys for the special as the special states "Raw cards, Crossovers, Tall Boys, Reviews, Coins, and Pins must be submitted separately". That means that you would have to have a tall-boy and standard size order on seperate invoices paying return shipping on each singly.
  • Options
    Received a reply for PSA Customer Service which was

<< <i>They would be eligible but they cannot be placed on a submission form with regular sized cards. >>

Ajetfan - Do you work for PSA? Just kidding. I didn't read the fine print. Thanks for your help

HERE COME MORE TALL BOYS Submissions!!!!! Yessssssssss