Home PCGS Set Registry Forum
Options

Congratulations to Blue Berry Bog. #1 PF Ikes!

Congratulations to Blue Berry Bog who recently retained the number one position in the PCGS Proof Ike Registry!
This set has seen many new registrants as of late. The number of 100% complete pf69+ sets is about 175, with about 225 registrants in total. Ikes seem to be very popular.

Comments

• Options
    wondercoinwondercoin Posts: 16,709 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I see congratulations are now in order for you as well with your acquistion of the 1977(s) Ike in PR70DC! Last month, I shipped out (100) PCGS-PR69DCAM Ike (11 pc.) Sets (commenting on your observation that the Registry is getting quite popular for the Proof Ike series). I had the opportunity to examine all 1,100 Ikes I shipped out. It takes a special coin to achieve the PR70DC grade at PCGS these days. And, while collecting PR70DC Ikes may not be for everyone, a very neat collection to consider putting together is a super clean and strong DCAM PR69DC Ike set - like most cameos from the 1950's -late 1970's, there are vast differences in depth of cameo within the single "DCAM" designation (as I exhibited when I set up at Long Beach a couple years ago).

PERFECT IKE SET

Wondercoin
    Please visit my website at www.wondercoins.com and my ebay auctions under my user name www.wondercoin.com.
  • Options
    RegistryCoinRegistryCoin Posts: 5,111 ✭✭✭✭
    Well that had to be karma, fate, coincidence (and "just a little" hard work) all wrapped into one. Thanks for noticing yesterday's addition ('77-S, pr70, pop2) to my proof Ike set. Out of the (11) coins in the proof Ike set, only six have a pr70 graded. Over twenty-one thousand pr.69s represent the top grade of the additional five coins. I'd have to do some checking, but the proof Ike "grade-through rate" (to pf70) must be one of the lowest. Maybe Blue Berry Bog, or another new pr. Ike registrant will turn up another pr70 Ike, where ever it may be. Good luck. This is a very challenging and very fun series to collect.
  • Options
    Hi Steve,

and more

Edson

• Options

Great job !! A lot of effort !!