Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

1941 Goudey....

Hey guys, I was in a card shop and saw a stack of 1941 Goudey's in about VG condition. The prices seemed a little high, but I was wondering if there was any demand for this set.

Lee

Comments

• Options
    Only 33 cards in the set and not many stars. Doesn't look too promising. I haven't seen too much demand for this but it might be nice to put away. image

Scott
    Registry Sets:
    T-205 Gold PSA 4 & up
    1967 Topps BB PSA 8 & up
    1975 Topps BB PSA 9 & up
    1959 Topps FB PSA 8 & up
    1976 Topps FB PSA 9 & up
    1981 Topps FB PSA 10
    1976-77 Topps BK PSA 9 & up
    1988-89 Fleer BK PSA 10
    3,000 Hit Club RC PSA 5 & Up

My Sets
  • Options
    Goudey at its creative low.....
  • Options
    GriffinsGriffins Posts: 6,076 ✭✭✭
    This is one set where the back design may well be more aesthetically pleasing than the front.
    Low supply on these, but even lower demand. Levi doesn't even have any.
    BJ just added the set to the registry Thursday, so it had gone about 4-5 years without anyone requesting it. I can't think of any other set from a major manufacturer (that isn't exceedingly rare, like '61 Dice) that is not on the registry. And it's not in SMR, neither the hard copy nor online.
    If you can get VG ones pretty cheap ($10. or so) you'd have a winner, otherwise I'd give it a pass unless it's a full set.

Always looking for Topps Salesman Samples, pre '51 unopened packs, E90-2, E91a, N690 Kalamazoo Bats, and T204 Square Frame Ramly's

• Options
    bobsbbcardsbobsbbcards Posts: 3,254 ✭✭✭
  • Options
    GriffinsGriffins Posts: 6,076 ✭✭✭

<< <i>'61 Dice is in the registry. >>

Opps, you're right. And I was surprised not to see you at the top of it!
    Hope you're feeling better Bob.

Always looking for Topps Salesman Samples, pre '51 unopened packs, E90-2, E91a, N690 Kalamazoo Bats, and T204 Square Frame Ramly's

• Options
    calleochocalleocho Posts: 1,569 ✭✭
    I dont they are that ugly..

they are not that rare though....$750 at marty's

"Women should be obscene and not heard. "
    Groucho Marx
  • Options
    NickMNickM Posts: 4,896 ✭✭✭
    Marty carries everything rare. One of these days he will bill me for the cleaning supplies used to clean my drool off of his display cases. image

Nick
    Reap the whirlwind.

Need to buy something for the wife or girlfriend? Check out Vintage Designer Clothing.