Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Are pokemon cards worth anything now?

GoldCoinLoverGoldCoinLover Posts: 1,244
I remember when i was alot younger when pokemon cards were a big thing I found a hologram charizard and the dealer wouldve gave me 50 bucks. Thinking it would gain value later, I kept it. I still have it.

Have pokemon cards gone down in value alot? Are they still worth anything?

Comments

• Options
    The Pokemon craze peaked around Christmas of 2000. At it's high point, an original 1st edition Charizard was bringing $400-500 in premium condition, $75 for the Unlimited version. All the old sets of Pokemon have dropped off in the last 3-4 years as alot of the collectors and players migrated over to Yugioh. These days the Unl brings around $10-12 and the 1st edition maybe $40-50 IF you can find a buyer looking to fill a set.
  • Options
    DennisHDennisH Posts: 13,963 ✭✭✭✭✭
    To be blunt, the Pokeman market imploded and burst into epic flames that lit up the card collecting world.

1999 Edition Charizards graded Mint 9 by PSA sell for $15-$18 on eBay; 1st Editions go for roughly $75. Nothing else seems to be on eBay, and PSA-10s never seem to go up for sale except the Japanese and German edition cards. But I don't notice anyone bidding on them.

For Pokemon cards to get popular again it's probably going to take 10-20 years so the kids who were hot on them originally can grow up, get jobs, and remember how much fun they had with them.
    When in doubt, don't.
  • Options
    CoinCrazyPACoinCrazyPA Posts: 2,899 ✭✭✭✭

He was right

For Pokemon cards to get popular again it's probably going to take 10-20 years so the kids who were hot on them originally can grow up, get jobs, and remember how much fun they had with them.

Positive BST transactions: agentjim007, cohodk, CharlieC, Chrischampeon, DRG, 3 x delistamps, djdilliodon, gmherps13, jmski52, Meltdown, Mesquite, 2 x nibanny, themaster, 2 x segoja, Timbuk3, ve3rules, jom, Blackhawk, hchcoin, Relaxn, pitboss, blu62vette, Jfoot13, Jinx86, jfoot13,Ronb

Successful Trades: Swampboy,