Home PSA Set Registry Forum
Options

Time to talk about October Grading Specials!

Howdy!
What is everyone hoping for this month??? I would be up for some sort of coin grading special! I have a nice pile of '71 topps coins that could go in and maybe some '65 old london coins!! Most grading specials seem to exclude coins, pins, etc.. Maybe this month!!
Paul

Comments

• Options
    Carew29Carew29 Posts: 4,026 ✭✭

Since everyone had their needs met over the last two months, should be interesting to see what PSA will do---Graded Packs?
  • Options
    BugOnTheRugBugOnTheRug Posts: 1,611 ✭✭✭
    There's no such thing as October
  • Options
    I just posted this the the main forum, then I saw this thread, so I'll copy/paste...

I would like to see a special that includes cards after 1992, it seems like all the modern specials have gone from 1972-92 and since 1981 was a year that the BB card market dramatically changed, it seems like 1981-2004 would 'fit'. Any thoughts?

C'mon, after Sundays game I need some cards to get ready for submission to keep my mind off the Jets! I'll break down a 1985 Topps Tiffany set (maybe a 1998 Topps Diamondback Innaugural Factory set too, if interest exists) in this forum with scans if we rally for this special. Cool?

----------------------------------------------------------
    1976 HOSTESS FISK/PEREZ/ROSE HAND CUT - PANEL (1/2) on ebay
  • Options
    I believe what we all want to see is a fast turn around special that includes our favorite sets. Certainly I have my favorites in the great MOSH chase.
    What I propose is cards for any set YOU have registered with a ten day turn. That would include everybody and get the cards back so we can brag in a few weeks as to our great last minute additions.

Fuzz
    Wanted: Bell Brands FB and BB, Chiefs regionals especially those ugly milk cards, Coke caps, Topps and Fleer inserts and test issues from the 60's. 1981 FB Rack pack w/ Jan Stenerud on top.
  • Options

<< <i>I believe what we all want to see is a fast turn around special that includes our favorite sets. Certainly I have my favorites in the great MOSH chase.
    What I propose is cards for any set YOU have registered with a ten day turn. That would include everybody and get the cards back so we can brag in a few weeks as to our great last minute additions.

Fuzz >>

Haven't most of us gotten fast turn arounds (<10 days) on the all of the specials the 3 months?

I'm ready for another 60-72 $5 special.
  • Options
    zef204zef204 Posts: 4,742 ✭✭

<< <i>cards for any set YOU have registered with a ten day turn. That would include everybody >>

Actually that wouldn't include everybody and they know better. They want to grade cards first and encourage using the registry second. I don't think that they would put the 2nd intrest above the first, its just a bad business model.

I am guessing we will see another 72-92 $5 special and I think that is where #'s wise, the bulk of registered sets lay. JMO I could be wrong.
    EAMUS CATULI!

My Auctions
  • Options
    gregm13gregm13 Posts: 5,798 ✭✭✭

<< <i>I just posted this the the main forum, then I saw this thread, so I'll copy/paste...

I would like to see a special that includes cards after 1992, it seems like all the modern specials have gone from 1972-92 and since 1981 was a year that the BB card market dramatically changed, it seems like 1981-2004 would 'fit'. Any thoughts?

C'mon, after Sundays game I need some cards to get ready for submission to keep my mind off the Jets! I'll break down a 1985 Topps Tiffany set (maybe a 1998 Topps Diamondback Innaugural Factory set too, if interest exists) in this forum with scans if we rally for this special. Cool?

----------------------------------------------------------
    1988 Topps #200 WADE BOGGS PSA 10 (1/2), 1975 Hostess YOUNT RC Panel PSA 9, more on ebay >>

I agree - I've cleared out a lot of my pre 93 cards. I'd like a post 92 special for my Marino sets!!!

Regards,

Greg M.
    Collecting vintage auto'd fb cards and Dan Marino cards!!

References:
    Onlychild, Ahmanfan, fabfrank, wufdude, jradke, Reese, Jasp, thenavarro
    E-Bay id: greg_n_meg
  • Options
    Carew29Carew29 Posts: 4,026 ✭✭

How bout' for the month of October--we get the grades we really deserve!!!image
  • Options
    October special has been posted:

October Collectors Club Grading Special #1
    $12 per card - No Minimum
    5 Business Days (approx.)
    (Excludes Super Sized, T-3's, and Autographed cards*.)
    October Collectors Club Grading Special #2
    Celebrating the 1970's
    $5 each - No Minimum
    PSA is adding an additional Collectors Club Special again this month for cards of the 1970's. This special will be for all cards* from 1970 - 1979. $5 each - No minimum. Cards must be valued under $500. For this special ONLY, you can submit your cards from 1970 and 1971 star players as long as they meet the value requirements! There is no minimum quantity required. (*Excludes T-3's, Supersized, and Autographed cards). Turnaround varies with demand.
    Current Sets:
    1960 Armour Coins
    Greg Maddux Basic
    Greg Maddux Master
    All Time 49ers
  • Options
    BuccaneerBuccaneer Posts: 1,794 ✭✭

<< <i>you can submit your cards from 1970 and 1971 star players as long as they meet the value requirements >>

I have never completely understood this statement. Are there any cards in the 70s that are not under $500 in raw or PSA 6?