Home World & Ancient Coins Forum
Options

ANACS submissions arrived today (pics)

ANACS grades arrived today – 40 days economy service, which was much better than the expected 60 days. I received the package notification last night after the post office closed, so I did not sleep a wink last night in anticipation. I was hit with a few cleanings that I did not expect to see, but overall I am a happy camper. Despite the DETAILS grades, these roubles are still pleasant to look at. I will work on some pics in the next couple of days.

1769 – Russian 1 rouble – VF-35
1798 – Russian 1 rouble – VF-30
1894 – Russian 1 rouble – AU-50
1844 – Russian 1 rouble – MS-62
1834 – Russian 1 rouble – EF-45 (regular date – not commemorative)
1911 – Russian 10 roubles – AU-55
1897 – Russian 15 roubles – AU-55
1833 – Russian 1 kopek – MS-63 RB
1847 – Spanish 4 Maravedis – MS-63 RB

1800 – Russian 1 rouble – EF Details Cleaned (expected)
1846 – Russian 1 rouble – AU Details Cleaned (This one surprised me…..)
1847 – Russian 1 rouble – AU Details Cleaned (This one surprised me…..)
1878 – Russian 1 rouble – AU Details Cleaned (This one surprised me…..)
1892 – Russian 1 rouble – UNC Details Cleaned (expected)
1903 – Russian 1 rouble – AU Details Cleaned (expected)
1909 – Russian 1 rouble – AU Details Cleaned (expected)

Comments

• Options
    1jester1jester Posts: 8,638 ✭✭✭
    Congrats! Can't wait to see the pix.

imageimageimage
    .....GOD

"Ask, and it shall be given you; seek, and ye shall find; knock, and it shall be opened unto you." -Luke 11:9

"Hear, O Israel: The LORD our God is one LORD: And thou shalt love the LORD thy God with all thine heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy might." -Deut. 6:4-5

"For the LORD is our judge, the LORD is our lawgiver, the LORD is our king; He will save us." -Isaiah 33:22
  • Options
    Geez, those are pretty harsh gradings. Oh well... worldcoinguy is going to be one of my "rivals" in collecting Russian coins image

Regardless, well done! image
    List of my partial coin list: My Coin List
  • Options
  • Options
    SYRACUSIANSYRACUSIAN Posts: 6,449 ✭✭✭✭
    Good grades. I see Anacs no longer assigns a net grade, but uses the NCS system, mentioning the condition (details), the problem, but leaving the net grade, therefore the price to pay for, to the interested parties. There was a related thread over at the Liteside , personally I preferred the numerical net grades.
    Dimitri

myEbay

DPOTD 3
  • Options
    I have several pieces I've been planning on sending to ANACS. I've always liked their tight standards, but how are they will world coins, especially modern stuff? One thing I love about ANACS are the small holders. Much more convenient.
    Everything I write is my opinion.

Looking for alot of crap.
  • Options
    worldcoinguyworldcoinguy Posts: 2,999 ✭✭✭✭
    Thanks for the kind words. This submission meant the world to me, so I was sweating hard upon its return. I know ANACS grades tough sometimes, but I am happy with the results. Here are some pics:

imageimage

imageimage

I can live with this cleaning:
    imageimage

imageimage

This is the beauty contest winner:
    imageimage

I was convinced this was not cleaned, and 2 other dealers had the same opinion. Maybe it was a slight dip? Colors are beautiful regardless.
    imageimage

imageimage

Cleaned, but still a nice look to it:
    imageimage
  • Options
    WOW!! Thanks so much for the pics. I especially love the Catherine the Great rouble. What a beautiful collection! image
    Education...the key to collector success!
    ANA#R216999
    WINS#482
    EAC#5255
    CONECA#N-3902
    Coin Community Forum
  • Options
    Steve27Steve27 Posts: 13,274 ✭✭✭
    Yes, that Catherine the Great coin is super!
    "It's far easier to fight for principles, than to live up to them." Adlai Stevenson
  • Options
    Seriously, I thought that grading of Catherine the Great was a bit too stingy. I was expecting at least VF40, or XF45 - I mean look at the obverse, you can see the details of the feathers etc. The same goes with the Paul I ruble, but alas, that sure was darn harsh. At least, I sure love the redness of the 1833 1k image
    List of my partial coin list: My Coin List