Home Metal Detecting

Highway Rest areas

Has anyone had any luck detecting at Highway Rest areas?

Comments

• Was just thinking, those places have been around for a long time. But then thought, the ones next to the main
    highways around the country are newer, since the highways have been built over the years, and the rest areas
    newly built. What you need to do is find some old maps and check out the old highways were people traveled.
    The rest areas were clearly marked out on the old 2 lane highways that run around the country.
  • Be ready for a trash nightmare if you try to detect them. There's so many poptops, pulltabs and bottlecaps, not to mention little balls of foil it'll drive you nuts REAL FASTimage
    Mark
  • librtyheadlibrtyhead Posts: 1,116 ✭✭✭
    I like the drive inn's.There are a few in N.H. that I have been to as a kid that are now overgrown.I try to go to the playgrounds I remember, and the snackbars that are now just chunks of concrete.Maybe when they built the drive inns they built them on places where people would gather for other events.The Sky Ray drive inn and the Auburn comes to mind. Look in old 1950's newspapers to find the one nearest you.The Sky ray in hooksett is now a walmart.When the move they will turn the pavement over and I will be there to search the area (I know where the snack stand was).Sunday in the A.M. is best.
  • goose3goose3 Posts: 11,471 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Has anyone had any luck detecting at Highway Rest areas? >>

dude, haven't you seen "There's Something About Mary"???image
  • lordmarcovanlordmarcovan Posts: 43,194 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Be ready for a trash nightmare if you try to detect them >>

This was my first thought.

Explore collections of lordmarcovan on CollecOnline, management, safe-keeping, sharing and valuation solution for art piece and collectibles.