Home PCGS Set Registry Forum
Options

Chat...Is it Live or Dead ?

When I click on the tab for chat, I see myself in a room, all alone. This is fun image ha ha ha

I am not short on opinions and I type 60wpm. Problem is, my mind can't think that fast image.

Comments

• Options
    Too bad you aren't Schizophrenic, that way you could chat to yourself. The few times I've clicked on the chat option, I've never seen anyone there either.

My humble '63 mint registry set, not much, but it's mine!
  • Options
    I just clicked "chat" & I was all alone - w/ keets! image I got out'a there as fast as I could image
  • Options
    D E A D
  • Options
    RegistryCoinRegistryCoin Posts: 5,111 ✭✭✭✭
    If I remember correctly, this was started years ago, and the first night, there were many people who logged in and were ready to chat, but the conversation was dominated by only one, perhaps two discussions involving few of those who wanted to be a part of the action. It was disappointing, and to my knowledge pretty much subsequently abandoned.
    ps. I think I remember discussing inviting "distinguished" contributors to act as an "answer man" for a time, and discussion would hopefully insue. There wasn't enough interest at that time to discuss how to pursue better formats that would involve "more"...
  • Options
    cladkingcladking Posts: 28,351 ✭✭✭✭✭
    We tried it again in late 2002 or so and it wasn't a good venue for me.

Without the edit function it becomes very obvious that I ain't so bright. image

There are a few people who use it from time to time but it's not been popular. They used
    to start a thread on the coin forum to drum up interest.
    Tempus fugit.
  • Options
    TwoSides2aCoinTwoSides2aCoin Posts: 43,858 ✭✭✭✭✭
    image now that edit thing was funny , cladking ...... thanks for the laugh

I can understand how it would be difficult in a chat format to have meaningful discussions "live", however, I enjoy many of the postings here and do think it would be nice to have a time where others could meet via live chat. I really do get lots of laughs from some of the comments I have been reading over the past few weeks. Oh, I know there are some people with dry humor that tease and a lot of folks probably cannot see the humor in being "ribbed" in this kind of format, but I see that most are joking and certainly do not intend on hurting others, but such is the nature of Message Boards. Thanks for the answers !

P.S. Zeus: isn't "schizophrenic" synonomous with "numismatic" ? image
  • Options
    RegistryCoinRegistryCoin Posts: 5,111 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i> now that edit thing was funny , cladking ...... thanks for the laugh >>

Me too, CK. You got me on that one... image
  • Options
    TwoSides2aCoinTwoSides2aCoin Posts: 43,858 ✭✭✭✭✭
    imageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimage very funny Russ.... ha ha ha.... I will never start a stupid thread again........ I will never start a stupid thread again.....I will never start a stupid thread again.... times five hundredimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimage AOL ? Now that made my day image, and of course, it answered my question about CHAT