Home Metal Detecting
Options

LORD M. OPEN

Was going to P.M. but I figured the forum would like to hear this. First off I've had a half rack so here it goes. With all the storm serges on the west coast , I've heard this is the best time to do some swinging on the beach. I have read many, many stories about finds on the beach after a storm, are you doing any detecting on the beach lately. Just curious, also they say Florida is the best place to search....image

Comments

• Options
    lordmarcovanlordmarcovan Posts: 43,218 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I wish I had the chance. It's been too busy for me to do any detecting. image

Explore collections of lordmarcovan on CollecOnline, management, safe-keeping, sharing and valuation solution for art piece and collectibles.
  • Options
    And yes, the middle Florida Atlantic beaches are great during storm surges, when the Spanish shipwreck coins come to light!

There were mass wrecks of galleons near the shore during hurricanes in 1715 and 1733, among other years.

Our GA coast here has the possibility of early Spanish stuff, but I think there were fewer wrecks.

Explore collections of lordmarcovan on CollecOnline, management, safe-keeping, sharing and valuation solution for art piece and collectibles.
  • Options
    MAN this is my dream, maybe some day. I could walk the beach from the keys to Jacksonville and not blink an eye..image
  • Options
    I wanna beach hunt in the Mediterranean. I'd walk clockwise around the whole thing, from Gibraltar to North Africa. image

• Options
    <<And yes, the middle Florida Atlantic beaches are great during storm surges, when the Spanish shipwreck coins come to light!>>
    Man!I wish I could get down there now, Unfourtunately not till November. But thank God My condo is on a private beach, so not as many people will hunt on it. I just hope they don't start beach reconstruction untill after I leave.
    Happy Hunting!image