Home PSA Set Registry Forum
Options

Anyone have a good way to denote a Variation on a Submission, I have an error for the third time

Wondering if anyone has had luck in submitting variations and them coming back correct. I have sent in 7 seperate submissions for 1955 Quaker Oats Hockey. They look like the regular issue on the front, but have green ink on the back. I denote it as a variation, and this makes the 3rd time in 7 submissions, they did not denote the variation. Submission 579131 / Zip 72712. PSA has been great about sending them back, but the turnaround and postage cost to send them out is frustrating. Granted, not a lot of these graded, but if anyone has trick or insight they use, I am all ears.

Comments

• Options
    NickMNickM Posts: 4,896 ✭✭✭
    Does PSA even recognize the variation?

Nick
    Reap the whirlwind.

Need to buy something for the wife or girlfriend? Check out Vintage Designer Clothing.
  • Options
    Good luck. I have pointed out variations that they already recognize, in my submissions and the
    insert cards come back with the variation not mentioned. I f*King give up.
    ebay:1967topps
    1967 Topps baseball wantlists (any condition) welcome. #14 ATF 1967 set. Yet another collector like skylaneflyer, gimel1 who made it to the completion of 1967 only to need the money more than the company of 609 close friends.
    Looking for 1967 Mets, yankees, and 1968 Tigers in PSA 7 and Venezuelan Norm Cash stuff
  • Options
    I have attempted to get known and PSA recognized variations noted on my submissions in the past with little success. It seems to be an area where PSA has a real problem. If they are PSA recognized variations, PSA will accept them for correction under the "Mechanical Error" designation. However, it is pain to have to send them back. If the cards are intended for a Set Registry set and you let the Set Registry folks (Cosetta, Gayle and BJ) know about the correction submission, it is my understanding that they will make sure that the proper corrections are made before the cards are shipped back out.

Mike
  • Options

<< <i>Does PSA even recognize the variation?

Nick >>

Yes
  • Options
    I've found the only way to get this done correctly is to send them directly to Joe Orlando with a note explaining the variation, etc. Otherwise, you just have some data entry type entering the submission and when the variation you list isn't in their database, they just pick the closest thing...

Robert
    Looking for:
    Any high grade OPC Jim Palmer
    High grade Redskins (pre 1980)
  • Options
    Carew29Carew29 Posts: 4,026 ✭✭

On the subs i clearly write in BIG LETTERS---DO NOT SEND BACK IF THE VARIATIONS ARE DONE INCORRECTLY--- And i specificly mark out the variation on the card. My example for this is the 1979 Hostess Rod Carew ( small head photo/ Large Head photo) . Both were done correctly and then were listed in the pops as a new variation.
  • Options
    RedHeart54RedHeart54 Posts: 2,270 ✭✭✭
    As was mentioned in a thread here about qualifiers, writing the variation, in this case "Quaker Oats", on the sticker you place on the holder's reverse might also help.

BTW, it is deplorable that PSA is making mistakes regarding 1955 Parkhurst Quaker Oats hockey cards. Yes, they're rare and probably aren't graded on a regular basis but these things are, what, 3 TIMES the value of regular '55s? It's almost akin to mislabeling a 1958 Poncho Herrera error.