Home PCGS Set Registry Forum
Options

when you eventially sell your registry set?

do you feel it is better to put it in auction companys hands to reap the benefits of having a nice catalog of your hard earned registry work totally together , or do you feel it is better to send the entire collection to pcgs for imaging? ps . im not ready to sell !
ed rodrigues

Comments

• Options
    caitlincaitlin Posts: 858 ✭✭✭
    Ed
    Your going to spend a little more money sending your coins to PCGS for imaging but you'll have some nice photos. And I'm sure you can even have them framed to hang on every wall of your house ,I'm sure that would make the wife happy. Then you can send them to ANR the best auction house around to auction off. image
    A collector of high grade TONED BUFFALO NICKELS ,working on a PCGS REGISTRY SET.
  • Options
    BigD5BigD5 Posts: 3,433
    I think you note how similar sets/coins have sold at auction. If your satisfied with results, a major auction house may do the trick for you. If the sales results of previous auctions of similar coins don't meet your expectations, it may be worth your while to sell off individual coins, or small "lots" from your set.

An auctions house is going to do a lot of "work" before the sale, and that definitely has benefits.

Figure out how fast you would like to liquidate, that may be the deciding factor.

BigD5
    LSCC#1864

Ebay Stuff
  • Options
    mercurydimeguymercurydimeguy Posts: 4,625 ✭✭✭✭

A large percentage of coins are going for MOON prices at these big auctions, and even on Teletrade. It used to be that decent deals (not rips, but good deals) could be had -- but no more. The extra 2-4 months it might take to get your coins sold is worth the 20%-200% premium your coins might bring. I just don't know how they can get the prices they get at auction, where 4 hours before an auction you can walk the floor and buy coins for sometimes 1/2 as much?