I just traded this one away this week, to NEN, for a much more common date in the same grade (a 1944 in 65). plus four other MS type coins from their inventory.
Since I’m essentially a type collector and not a date/mint collector of any particular series, it made more sense to me. I did not need to have a better-date Walker as my type coin, though it was fun to own for a while.
In summary, I just swapped my $1,500-ish coin for their $165-ish coin of the same type and grade, but also got several other nice pieces in the deal.
I’m sure I’ve posted this one before in this thread, but please forgive the re-run as I bid it farewell.
Collector since 1976. On the CU forums here since 2001.
Newbie collector of type and circulated Peace dollars, photographer of places and animals, player of instruments and builder of amplifiers, espresso industry professional, and a person distracted by shiny objects.
I’ve already posted this one before but I like it and it’s my only one. 😂
Newbie collector of type and circulated Peace dollars, photographer of places and animals, player of instruments and builder of amplifiers, espresso industry professional, and a person distracted by shiny objects.
I think it’s been a while since we posted some Jefferson nickels…
Newbie collector of type and circulated Peace dollars, photographer of places and animals, player of instruments and builder of amplifiers, espresso industry professional, and a person distracted by shiny objects.
Newbie collector of type and circulated Peace dollars, photographer of places and animals, player of instruments and builder of amplifiers, espresso industry professional, and a person distracted by shiny objects.
I desperately need to polish the reverse of this slab. The fuzziness in the center is the plastic not the coin.
Newbie collector of type and circulated Peace dollars, photographer of places and animals, player of instruments and builder of amplifiers, espresso industry professional, and a person distracted by shiny objects.
Newbie collector of type and circulated Peace dollars, photographer of places and animals, player of instruments and builder of amplifiers, espresso industry professional, and a person distracted by shiny objects.
Newbie collector of type and circulated Peace dollars, photographer of places and animals, player of instruments and builder of amplifiers, espresso industry professional, and a person distracted by shiny objects.
Newbie collector of type and circulated Peace dollars, photographer of places and animals, player of instruments and builder of amplifiers, espresso industry professional, and a person distracted by shiny objects.
Comments
I just traded this one away this week, to NEN, for a much more common date in the same grade (a 1944 in 65). plus four other MS type coins from their inventory.




Since I’m essentially a type collector and not a date/mint collector of any particular series, it made more sense to me. I did not need to have a better-date Walker as my type coin, though it was fun to own for a while.
In summary, I just swapped my $1,500-ish coin for their $165-ish coin of the same type and grade, but also got several other nice pieces in the deal.
I’m sure I’ve posted this one before in this thread, but please forgive the re-run as I bid it farewell.
Collector since 1976. On the CU forums here since 2001.
Oops, apparently I hadn’t refreshed the page, so I missed the transition to @Coinbert ‘s Buffalo.
So it’s 1937 or Buffalo nickel, next.
Collector since 1976. On the CU forums here since 2001.
Here.
Collector since 1976. On the CU forums here since 2001.
Newbie collector of type and circulated Peace dollars, photographer of places and animals, player of instruments and builder of amplifiers, espresso industry professional, and a person distracted by shiny objects.
CACG Registry
MyCollect Registry
I’m jealous of the one above. And of the 1937 proof.
When the light hits it right...the date appears.
BST transactions: dbldie55, jayPem, 78saen, UltraHighRelief, nibanny, liefgold, FallGuy, lkeigwin, mbogoman, Sandman70gt, keets, joeykoins, ianrussell (@GC), EagleEye, ThePennyLady, GRANDAM, Ilikecolor, Gluggo, okiedude, Voyageur, LJenkins11, fastfreddie, ms70, pursuitofliberty, ZoidMeister,Coin Finder, GotTheBug, edwardjulio, Coinnmore, Nickpatton, Namvet69,...
I’ve already posted this one before but I like it and it’s my only one. 😂
Newbie collector of type and circulated Peace dollars, photographer of places and animals, player of instruments and builder of amplifiers, espresso industry professional, and a person distracted by shiny objects.
CACG Registry
MyCollect Registry
This was the second silver Washington and third silver coin I ever dug, back in my early detecting days.

Collector since 1976. On the CU forums here since 2001.
I think it’s been a while since we posted some Jefferson nickels…
Newbie collector of type and circulated Peace dollars, photographer of places and animals, player of instruments and builder of amplifiers, espresso industry professional, and a person distracted by shiny objects.
CACG Registry
MyCollect Registry
BST transactions: dbldie55, jayPem, 78saen, UltraHighRelief, nibanny, liefgold, FallGuy, lkeigwin, mbogoman, Sandman70gt, keets, joeykoins, ianrussell (@GC), EagleEye, ThePennyLady, GRANDAM, Ilikecolor, Gluggo, okiedude, Voyageur, LJenkins11, fastfreddie, ms70, pursuitofliberty, ZoidMeister,Coin Finder, GotTheBug, edwardjulio, Coinnmore, Nickpatton, Namvet69,...
Newbie collector of type and circulated Peace dollars, photographer of places and animals, player of instruments and builder of amplifiers, espresso industry professional, and a person distracted by shiny objects.
CACG Registry
MyCollect Registry
I desperately need to polish the reverse of this slab. The fuzziness in the center is the plastic not the coin.
Newbie collector of type and circulated Peace dollars, photographer of places and animals, player of instruments and builder of amplifiers, espresso industry professional, and a person distracted by shiny objects.
CACG Registry
MyCollect Registry
If we were all the same, the world would be an incredibly boring place.
Tommy
If we were all the same, the world would be an incredibly boring place.
Tommy
Collector since 1976. On the CU forums here since 2001.
Newbie collector of type and circulated Peace dollars, photographer of places and animals, player of instruments and builder of amplifiers, espresso industry professional, and a person distracted by shiny objects.
CACG Registry
MyCollect Registry
1983 or Singapore, next
Collector since 1976. On the CU forums here since 2001.
Successful BST transactions with: SilverEagles92; Ahrensdad; Smitty; GregHansen; Lablade; Mercury10c; copperflopper; whatsup; KISHU1; scrapman1077, crispy, canadanz, smallchange, robkool, Mission16, ranshdow, ibzman350, Fallguy, Collectorcoins, SurfinxHI, jwitten, Walkerguy21D, dsessom.
If we were all the same, the world would be an incredibly boring place.
Tommy
Successful BST transactions with: SilverEagles92; Ahrensdad; Smitty; GregHansen; Lablade; Mercury10c; copperflopper; whatsup; KISHU1; scrapman1077, crispy, canadanz, smallchange, robkool, Mission16, ranshdow, ibzman350, Fallguy, Collectorcoins, SurfinxHI, jwitten, Walkerguy21D, dsessom.
Mr_Spud
Newbie collector of type and circulated Peace dollars, photographer of places and animals, player of instruments and builder of amplifiers, espresso industry professional, and a person distracted by shiny objects.
CACG Registry
MyCollect Registry
Successful BST transactions with: SilverEagles92; Ahrensdad; Smitty; GregHansen; Lablade; Mercury10c; copperflopper; whatsup; KISHU1; scrapman1077, crispy, canadanz, smallchange, robkool, Mission16, ranshdow, ibzman350, Fallguy, Collectorcoins, SurfinxHI, jwitten, Walkerguy21D, dsessom.
Newbie collector of type and circulated Peace dollars, photographer of places and animals, player of instruments and builder of amplifiers, espresso industry professional, and a person distracted by shiny objects.
CACG Registry
MyCollect Registry
Collector since 1976. On the CU forums here since 2001.
50c