Home PSA Set Registry Forum

Carew4me pulled away at the stretch.....

But here comes #29 from along the rail.......And down the stretch they come, neck and neck leaving the heavy favorite (Alfaro) in 2nd.....soon to be 3rd...

Comments

• carew4mecarew4me Posts: 3,462 ✭✭✭✭

Loves me some shiny!
  • I love looking at the rarities in these Master Sets. Why don't you both allow viewage, especially with scans? Some of us would love to see what some of these pieces look like. Surely, you both know what each other has by now?
  • Carew29Carew29 Posts: 4,026 ✭✭

I hid mine because Carew4me hid his---Are you up for show and tell Carew4me? Alfaro has high grades on all the easy cards. I wish him the best getting all the ones Carew4me and myself own on all of the tough cards.

Carew4me---his toughest card i believe he owns is the 1976 Red Barn Disc in a PSA 10 1/1 . I do not own one and haven't seen one ever listed on ebay for a Carew.

I would have to quantify mine into two cards. The 1968 Venezuela Carew in a PSA 5 1/1 and none higher, and a 1985 Thom McAn Disc in a PSA 9 . Only one i have ever seen on ebay and i bought for $3.00 and it came back a 9!! Again 1/1.

I will unblock mine. So enjoy the grades.

• Thanks for the view. Some beautiful stuff there. Looks like you have some others that also are great finds. If you ever get a chance, scans would be fun to see, especially on those untra rare pieces.

Gotta love finding those 1/1 nuggets, especially for a good price.

Enjoy, and best wishes to both of you in the search ....

• Marc, Randall, and Elbert (if he's lurking here):

I have sold cards to all of you. You have all done a great job with the set since I left. I would still be #1 if I hadn't decided to focus on some other sets! image

That said, the reason for my post is to ask why you guys don't provide scans of your cards to show off your great acquisitions??? I'd love to see them ... hell, I'd just like to see what you guys have and what you need. I really don't understand why anyone would have a player set hidden. All of my sets are viewable at all times with scans of each and every card, front and back available for anyone interested.

I still have a ton of Carew cards, many ungraded. I think about sending in a few each time I submit cards to PSA, but I never know if you guys need them or not. I did sell a card to Elbert in the past month.

Trust me, as a veteran player set collector, keep your sets visible. You never know when someone will contact you with something that you may need!

JEB.
  • JEB,

Exactly what I was hinting at. And in my short Set Registry career, I've already encountered a few instances where having the visibility you speak of here has paid off in terms of some nice acquisitions from some nice folks. That on top of the joy of sharing what you work so hard to develop ...

Hey Jeb,
    Last time i got a card from you i was just starting out on this venture. Been busy ever since as you can see. If i could figure out why i am having problems loading pictures i would show them all.

Marc
  • I had a '68 Ven PSA 7, but gave it away because I didn't think anyone wanted it.

Okay, no I didn't.

I enjoy watching the progress on the Carew Master set, all three mentioned are very impressive.

Spotting a hard to find OPC Carew is like seeing a beautiful gal at a party. At first there's jubilation as I think I'm the only one around, but then the bubble bursts because here come the Carew collectors to move in on my action.
    “Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that.” - George Carlin

Just moved into 2nd on the Master List!!
  • Sorry, but I have to post a link to the set, just so I don't have to keep searching for it every time there's another post.

LINK

Should be fun to watch over the next month!!! Watch out for Elbert! He passed me at the last minute last year for the Basic set!

JEB.
  • mikeschmidtmikeschmidt Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭
    Jeb:

Hope you didn't mean me. I keep my set visible - and I show scans. I am not as diligent at the scans as I should be - but I have a bunch of them in and will add more as time permits.

Plus - I think I try to show scans of a bunch of the rarer stuff out there. Saga disc, MSA Customized Sports Disc, etc.

~ms
    I am actively buying MIKE SCHMIDT gem mint baseball cards. Also looking for any 19th century cabinets of Philadephia Nationals. Please PM with additional details.
    I will have a scan of every item soon.

Loves me some shiny!
    my problem with the photo is--when i load a scan , it puts the same scan photo into every photo i downloaded. So whatever i scanned last, that photo goes into every card i just scanned. Any answers out there? I have a Visioneer Scanner, Brand New.
  • Marc,
    What I did was scan my cards, named them and put them in a folder. Then I uploaded an image of each card. scrolled through the folder I created on my computer to find the card.

I will try that.

Alfaro has taken the lead over for the moment, but it will be short lived.
  • lawyer05lawyer05 Posts: 2,131 ✭✭✭✭
    Hey guys this is Alfaro

I will be adding scans i just havent had the time to put in the cert numbers , imagine scanning them. However, im working on www.panamabaseball.com and i will need my carew set to be viewable. So i promise to show all cards if the other two sets do it also. PSA should not allow the feature of blocking cards. I dont understand why they do it.
    good luck to all.
    Yes he does have a very nice red barn card carew psa 10 .

Virtual Lizard im glad you are still hanging around.

• Okay,
    Carew29, Carew4me, and alfaro

How come none you you guys have you sets as viewable? Carew29 yours was last time I checked, but now it isn't.

Anyways, since you guys are all ahead of me anybody got any Basic set psa 8's that I need 4 sale.

Thanks,
    Jason Deyo
  • Anybody looking for the Carew 7-11 coins from 1983. coin #1 of 12. Worked there as a kid and collected the coins from the slurpees. I just found hundreds of the coins from 1983, 1984 and the football set. Was just wondering if they are worth sending in to be graded. I have also found packs of 1984 and 1985 Topps Rub downs with Rod Carew showing through the front. Will Psa grade these things? Thanks for any info from a beginning Carew collector.
  • lawyer05lawyer05 Posts: 2,131 ✭✭✭✭
    Those coins are pretty fun and those rub downs are fun also. They are some of my favorites.
    Gotta hand it to Elbert, he's got some super nice high end Carew's.

He has a nice lock on the Basic set as well.

R

Loves me some shiny!

So Mr. Alfaro are you going to reveal your set? I have unblocked mine for now. We pretty much know what you have and don't have based on what Randall and myself own already. Photo's or not--reveal !!

Yeaaaaah!! I am #1 for a whole dayimage