Home PSA Set Registry Forum
Options

How to get cards graded NQ?

I'm putting together a large submission of 1957s and quite a number of the cards have NM corners but EX-MT centering (75/25-80/20). These are the cards I want to get graded as PSA 6. The problem is that my last two submissions I wrote in large red letters sideways across the printed form "NO QUALIFIERS, PLEASE" yet I still got qualifiers. How do I ensure that I don't get the dreaded 7(OC) grade as oppose to a 6?

Comments

• Options
    smallstockssmallstocks Posts: 1,598 ✭✭✭✭
    You should have called them as soon as the grades posted and had them fix it immediately, if possible even before they ship them out.
    You clearly stated your instructions and they messed up. It then becomes their job to correct it.

Late 60's and early to mid 70's non-sports
  • Options
    GriffinsGriffins Posts: 6,076 ✭✭✭
    Since the graders don't see your invoice what if you put a sticker on each card saver stating no qualifiers?

Always looking for Topps Salesman Samples, pre '51 unopened packs, E90-2, E91a, N690 Kalamazoo Bats, and T204 Square Frame Ramly's

• Options

<< <i>Since the graders don't see your invoice what if you put a sticker on each card saver stating no qualifiers? >>

This is what I do and have never had a problem.

Robert
    Looking for:
    Any high grade OPC Jim Palmer
    High grade Redskins (pre 1980)
  • Options
    BuccaneerBuccaneer Posts: 1,794 ✭✭

<< <i>Since the graders don't see your invoice what if you put a sticker on each card saver stating no qualifiers? >>

That's what I thought (they didn't see the invoice). Since I print out my labels electronically, it would be easy to add the no qualifiers line. Thanks.
  • Options
    RipkenRipken Posts: 559 ✭✭✭
    Write it on the invoice..if you get the submission back with qualifiers,it's their responsibility to right the wrong.
  • Options
    I have always written on the invoice and had no problems. However, I like the idea of putting it on the sticker too. Next submission, I am putting it in both places.

Mike
  • Options
    Sometimes if you mention on this forum that PSA f*Ked up especially if you mention mr.Orlando's name, give us links
    to the scans of your submission sheet (you did make a photocopy right?) and scans of the qualifiered cards,
    you'll get some attention. Or maybe not any more.
    ebay:1967topps
    1967 Topps baseball wantlists (any condition) welcome. #14 ATF 1967 set. Yet another collector like skylaneflyer, gimel1 who made it to the completion of 1967 only to need the money more than the company of 609 close friends.
    Looking for 1967 Mets, yankees, and 1968 Tigers in PSA 7 and Venezuelan Norm Cash stuff
  • Options
    jayhawkejayhawke Posts: 1,287 ✭✭✭
    Send the cards back with your original submission form, which states NQ. On the new submission form write mechanical error. They will fix the problem and pay for either one way shipping or both ways.
  • Options
    So, does the qualifier generally 'only' drop the grade by one? For instance, a PSA 9(OC) would qualify as a PSA 8?
    * '72 BASEBALL #15 100%
    * C. PASCUAL BASIC #3
    * T. PEREZ BASIC #4 100%
    * L. TIANT BASIC #1
    * DRYSDALE BASIC #4 100%
    * MAGIC MASTER #4/BASIC #3
    * PALMEIRO MASTER/BASIC #1
    * '65 DISNEYLAND #2
    * '78 ELVIS PRESLEY #6
    * '78 THREE'S COMPANY #1

WaltDisneyBoards
  • Options
    envoy98envoy98 Posts: 4,000 ✭✭

<< <i>So, does the qualifier generally 'only' drop the grade by one? For instance, a PSA 9(OC) would qualify as a PSA 8? >>

The registry treats it as 2 full grades. Ie a a 9(OC) is weighted as a 7. However, asking for NQ can mean one grade to 5 grades depending on how bad the centering is. If it's in line with an 8 and the rest of the card has 9 qualities, then yes, it should end up in an 8 holder. The nice thing about that is you get 8 money vs. a 9 OC usually will sell close to 7 money which in some cases is a huge difference in price. However, if you have a card with solid 9 qualities but 75/25 centering (Ex 5) then you don't want it dropped to a 5 or 6 unqualified, you'd rather have the 9 (OC).... Make sense?

As for getting No Qualifiers...

All I have ever done is written at the top of the invoice "No Qualifiers Please" and at the end of the invoice where you sign it, I write the same thing. I've never had a problem. What I have noticed is the box my cards come back in there is a flip stuck to the top of the box that says "J. Thompson" printed on it and in pen there is "NQ" written on it.