Home PSA Set Registry Forum
Options

Tremendous opportunity on ebay

Comments

• Options
    yawie99yawie99 Posts: 2,575 ✭✭✭
    I don't really mind oversized spaces and condomized low- to mid-grade cards, but that $10,000 card doesn't look real well protected in that slab. More importantly, though, the listing suggests the possibility that the grading company and the seller have a very cozy relationship. Maybe not, but if that were my listing, I sure as hell wouldn't have presented it that way.
    imageimageimageimageimageimage
  • Options
    StingrayStingray Posts: 8,843 ✭✭✭
    Agreed, that just smacks of some time of arrangment between the two parties. Why the heck would someone put the card in a holder like that? Is there a penny sleeve that I do not see? A closer scan would be nice if I am going to even think about forking over that kind of coin.

Stingray
  • Options
    lostdart58lostdart58 Posts: 2,938 ✭✭✭
    Agrees...........is that the best scan that they can come up with?....Spend .30 and put a scan of the back of the card.....
    Collector of:Baseball
    1955 Bowman Raw complete with 90% Ex-NR or better

Now seeking 1949 Eureka Sportstamps...NM condition
    Working on '78 Autographed set now 99.9% complete -
    Working on '89 Topps autoed set now complete

• Options
    SouthsiderSouthsider Posts: 1,043 ✭✭✭
    Is the new SCD trustworthy enough to spend $10K based on their opinion?
  • Options
    MorrellManMorrellMan Posts: 3,238 ✭✭✭
    This auction is questionable - if SCD's grading is so reliable, why is the seller offering this card for less than 20% of SMR? His shipping is ridiculous:

Shipping Cost Services Available Available to
    US $49.95 UPS Next Day Air® United States Only

Will ship to Worldwide.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Shipping insurance
    US $3.95 Optional

The card doesn't look holdered well to me either - IMHO, this is just cheap advertising for SCD. I wonder if you actually can buy this card from the seller.
    Mark (amerbbcards)

"All evil needs to triumph is for good men to do nothing."
  • Options
    I can tell everyone here with a high degree of certainty that if the Ford really had a shot at a PSA 9 and could reside within the confines of a PSA 9 slab, it WOULD. But it does not. A card as important as the '51 Bowman Whitey Ford in unaltered "mint" condition needs to have PSA review the card. My guess is that it is an altered PSA reject or a PSA 8 at best. It is impossible to even have a real opinion w/o a larger, more telling scan.

Again, why isn't this card in a PSA holder? Or even an SGC holder or even a GAI holder at the very least?
  • Options
    Nice phrase. "tremendous opportunity" is a phrase my old pals used to always
    use when telling me about what ultimately turned out to be Amway every time.
    ebay:1967topps
    1967 Topps baseball wantlists (any condition) welcome. #14 ATF 1967 set. Yet another collector like skylaneflyer, gimel1 who made it to the completion of 1967 only to need the money more than the company of 609 close friends.
    Looking for 1967 Mets, yankees, and 1968 Tigers in PSA 7 and Venezuelan Norm Cash stuff
  • Options
    AxtellAxtell Posts: 10,037 ✭✭
    If the card is so valuable, why not get it slabbed by a company that is much more well known?

• Options
    RedHeart54RedHeart54 Posts: 2,271 ✭✭✭
    Despite their wonderfully large and detailed picture of said card, it doesn't look more than a high-end 7/low-end 8.
  • Options
    ctsoxfanctsoxfan Posts: 6,246 ✭✭
    Your first clue is the "SMR $50,000!" that is highlighted in the auction text in large letters, yet you can Buy It Now! for the low, low price of only $9,995! What a great deal! image
  • Options
    Spam in the title is always a turn off for me. It's not BGS or PSA. Just say SCD.

Who's going to spend $10,000 on a card they can barely see? Where's the upclose scan of the corners, the centering and the edges? And the back?

But hey....you'll get it really fast with next day air image
  • Options
    I would not touch this auction with someone else's 10-foot pole... and surprise, surprise, no bids at all...

This auction SHOULD end with no bids.

jmho