Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Newest creation.

Took awhile to figure out what to do with this signed Maple Leaf sheet from the 50's.

I made it the same size as a 1911 Turkey Red card so hopefully PSA/DNA will encapsulate it using the same holder.

Comments

• Options
    Great stuff. I get an ear to ear smile every time I look at those signature cuts cards.....
  • Options
    pandrewspandrews Posts: 7,598 ✭✭✭

very nice!..
    ·p_A·
  • Options
    Outstanding !!!! Great work !!
  • Options
    Stone193Stone193 Posts: 24,354 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Very nice Knucks
    It will display very well in the T3 holder.

Good luck
    mike
    Mike
  • Options
    Downtown1974Downtown1974 Posts: 6,737 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Knuckles, I dont really collect too much hockey memorabilia, but even I like that!image
  • Options
    Very cool, as always...
  • Options
    That is awesome!
  • Options
    IronmanfanIronmanfan Posts: 5,434 ✭✭✭✭
    Is Tim Horton the donut guy?
    Successful dealings with Wcsportscards94558, EagleEyeKid, SamsGirl214, Volver, DwayneDrain, Oaksey25, Griffins, Cardfan07, Etc.
  • Options
    tkd7tkd7 Posts: 1,799 ✭✭
    now that is inventive. You never cease to amaze me. I may have a new project for you now.
  • Options
    kobykoby Posts: 1,699 ✭✭
    Good job. That card will look great in a PSA holder.
  • Options
    KnucklesKnuckles Posts: 2,512 ✭✭✭
    Thanks guys.

<< <i>I may have a new project for you now. >>

Sounds good. image

<< <i>Is Tim Horton the donut guy? >>

Yes he started Tim Hortons and he was also a great defenseman.
  • Options
    Garret,

Excellent job. I especially like the way you laid out the photos to coincide with the order of the sigs. Top notch! image
    57 Topps (83%) 7.61
    61 Topps (100%) 7.96
    62 Parkhurst (100%) 8.70
    63 Topps (100%) 7.96
    63 York WB's (50%) 8.52
    68 Topps (39%) 8.54
    69 Topps (3%) 9.00
    69 OPC (83%) 8.21
    71 Topps (100%) 9.21 #1 A.T.F.
    72 Topps (100%) 9.39
    73 Topps (13%) 9.35
    74 OPC WHA (95%) 8.57
    75 Topps (50%) 9.23
    77 OPC WHA (86%) 8.62 #1 A.T.F.
    88 Topps (5%) 10.00
  • Options
    Bob, thanks for noticing. image
  • Options
    AllenAllen Posts: 7,165 ✭✭✭
    That is sweet. If only the card companies could cut the signatures so nicely. I wonder what they would do if you made a cut auto of Ed Plank with a pic of the old Eddie...
  • Options
    eyeboneeyebone Posts: 1,402 ✭✭✭
    Absolutely outstsnding Garrett.....especially to us Leaf fans. I am really looking forward to the Toronto Expo and seeing some of your newest creations. Great work.

Eyebone
    "I'm not saying I'm the best manager in the world, but I'm in the top one." Brian Clough
  • Options
    Knuckles,

You do A+ work and I envy but... some constructive critism. I am not a hockey dude so maybe I don't know what I am talking about but the top sig is cut off and it detracts in my opinion. I am just tryiing to help keep your work first rate. Most of my work is not first rate so I try to live vicarisly. I am a little worried that no one else has said this. If there is a reason that my point doesn't matter please let me know. I understand that you had to work with the Turkey size, but your standards are very high from what I can tell and I don't think you should compromise. You have something special. I don't want to tell you that you that this is "sloppy" but I think you are really looking for some input rather than just kissing your back side. I wish I had the talent you have and I can't believe that no one has hired you, but again do not sacrifice visual appeal just to get into a standard PSA holder. At this point someone should cater to you! You are the best I have seen, DO NOT COMPROMISE! Again, if I am off base check my a$S.

Best regards,
    Damian
  • Options
    yawie99yawie99 Posts: 2,575 ✭✭✭
    I don't think those stray marks at the top were a sig. It was either a personalization or a generic "Toronto Maple Leafs." I agree that it would've been nice to somehow crop that ink out, but I'm not sure if it would've been possible to given the slant of Thomson's sig. Anyway, I think it's another great idea, Knuckles.
    imageimageimageimageimageimage
  • Options
    Thanks fellas. Eyebone, I look forward to meeting you in person. image I'm pushing to have at least 30 cards done for the show.

Damian: The clipped off writing at the top that you see is "To Jack" once completely finished it won't be visible. Thanks for the constructive criticism and the kind words. image

• Options
    I am sure it will look outstanding as usual. Keep up the great work!

Damian
  • Options
    You have made some of the coolest stuff ever. Can I have your autograph?image
  • Options
  • Options
    AxtellAxtell Posts: 10,037 ✭✭

<< <i>image >>

Ooh! Get that slabbed immediately!
  • Options
    pandrewspandrews Posts: 7,598 ✭✭✭

<< <i>image >>

QUESTIONABLE AUTHENTICITY
    ·p_A·
  • Options
    hah! image
  • Options
    Fantastic Job Garette!!!
    Jery's T206 set: Looking for PSA 6's & 7's!
  • Options

<< <i>Fantastic Job Garette!!! >>

Jery
    What ever happened to the guy who wanted you to help him get his credit back? Just curious.
    Hope you helped him close on his house!

mike
    Mike
  • Options
    A long story Mike, if I have some time this week.
    I'll post it. I did finally get a refund.

jery
    Jery's T206 set: Looking for PSA 6's & 7's!
  • Options

<< <i>A long story Mike, if I have some time this week.
    I'll post it. I did finally get a refund.

jery >>

Wow!!!
    That's great!
    Best news of the weekend!
    thanx
    mike
    Mike
  • Options
    Thanks Jery,

I either don't remember or never read what happened about what Mike is talking about but glad to see you got your money back for whatever it entailed. image

Garret