Home Stamps Forum

U.S. Scott #158

Does anyone have bulk amounts of Continental issued bank notes they are willing to part with?

Comments

• How many do you need? I can obtain a mixture of Sc# 147, 158, and 184. Not sure how many of each, but 50 stamps total. Would this be of interest to you? You can enjoy differentiating the 158s out image .

Doug
  • Thanks for the response. A 1000 or two would be nice but 50 is fine. What is the cost? I have been doing some research on the Continentals (as if they have not already been researched enough) and of course to make a positive statement about anything you need to show that you have examined an ample amount of stamps. Unfortunately I have only looked at about 1400 Continentals so far and close to 4500 3c bank notes total. If I am lucky, maybe in a year I will be able to write something about my findings.
  • DOUGWTX - Why don't you send me an email with the info. rolin@efn.org
  • What are contins.??? I know what bank note issues are but...
  • Many collectors just refer to them as bank notes. There were three companies involved in the printing of the bank note series. National Bank Note Company had the first contract, Continental Bank Note Company had the second contract, and Continental Bank Note Company merged with American Bank Note Company and finished Continetal's contract and then won a second contract to print stamps. When reference is made to Continental's, it is referring to the stamps printed between 1873 and 1879. Scott's Specialized Catalogue provides a very clear explanation. I hope this answers your question.