Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Post a Scan of your oldest card

We have a variety of collectors in this forum...some collect post war stuff, modern, pre war....as a community of collectors, we fill up the entire gamut of collecting timelines.

But, what is the oldest card(s) you currently own? If you have a scan, please post it up!

I own some T206s....here one of them (Frank Chance, 1909 T206)

Comments

• Options
    That's a great looking card for the grade. Is
    there something wrong on the reverse that
    we can't see?
    Bill
    wpkoughan@yahoo.com
    Collecting 1970-1979 PSA 9 & 10 Baseball Cards
  • Options

<< <i>Is there something wrong on the reverse that we can't see? >>

Paper loss on the back. I got it for a reasonable price.
  • Options
    Carew29Carew29 Posts: 4,026 ✭✭

I had this on the desk of Olivia De Havilland

• Options
    Here is an ad card dated 1881. I prefer to call it a post Civil War card

Kevin
  • Options
    Stone193Stone193 Posts: 24,354 ✭✭✭✭✭

Mine are the T3s that I'm working on.

mike
    Mike
  • Options
    Stone,

That Turkey Doyle is absolutely sick! How long have you had it and what did you pay if I may ask? Great card.

Damian
  • Options
    2dueces2dueces Posts: 6,270 ✭✭✭✭✭
    MajorDanby, I had that Chance on my watch list too. Great looking card and a minimal loss of paper. Good price for it too. I'd rather have the great eye appeal on the front than a crease that brings the grade down. Heres a 1887 Old Judge. Card looks slightly better in person.

W.C.Fields
    "I spent 50% of my money on alcohol, women, and gambling. The other half I wasted.
  • Options

<< <i>Stone,

That Turkey Doyle is absolutely sick! How long have you had it and what did you pay if I may ask? Great card.

Damian >>

Got lucky on this one.
    I picked up early this year for 500$ from SG Gaynor - raw.
    In this grade, with the increased excitement over these - probably worth in 2 grand area today. But, I'm a collector - don't sell - if there's appreciation, it will have to be buried with me!

Mike
  • Options
    Stone,

Good for you! Keep the value up for "flippers" like me. Really though I absolutely love that set! Right now my flipping cards allows me to acquire(even if for a short time) some pretty valueable stuff and then by more valueable stuff. It's almost as good for me to have had it as to own it permanetly. I think I would have a hard time bringing myself to flip that if I bought it for a mere $500. But for sure there will be significant appreciation, finiacially I mean. Again, great card. What a treasure those damn Turkeys are. A 6 is unreal. Probably my favorite set. So, so beautiful! I can appreciate beyond monetary value. Thanks for sharing.

D
  • Options

Here's my oldest card, need to get a better scan though

• Options
    2dueces2dueces Posts: 6,270 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Stone, That Turkey Red really is a beauty. It is also my favorite set. Smeday, after completing the monster I might be able to start onthem, but by then I'll probably be priced out of them. Great card, congrads.
    W.C.Fields
    "I spent 50% of my money on alcohol, women, and gambling. The other half I wasted.
  • Options
    2dueces...agreed. as long as the paper loss isnt immense, i'll take that over a crease.

stone...nice story! the T3's got some pub in the SMR this month...along with Topps releasing their version of it this coming year...the T3's will get the attention it deserves!
  • Options
  • Options
  • Options
    GolfcollectorGolfcollector Posts: 1,369 ✭✭✭
    Dave Johnson- Big Red Country-Nebraska
    Collector of Vintage Golf cards! Let me know what you might have.
  • Options
    Not technically my oldest, but very close. And one of my favorites.
  • Options
    From my sig below, a T205 Goldie from 1911:

imageimage

Love the vintage vintage!

hh
  • Options

Welcome Broadleaf

Very nice card! Thanx for sharing.
    Best of luck.

mike
    Mike
  • Options
  • Options
    Broadleaf

Please turn on your "PM" function.

mike
    Mike
  • Options
    tkd7tkd7 Posts: 1,799 ✭✭
  • Options
    tk
    Those N29's are so sweet. Nice card - I would guess...back damage?

thanx for sharing
    mike
    Mike
  • Options
    yawie99yawie99 Posts: 2,575 ✭✭✭
    That Carolina Brights Matty is awesome! Looks great for a 1.

It's not that old really - at least in relation to many other cards shown here - but I guess this is my oldest:

imageimageimageimageimageimage
  • Options
    An 1882 tailoring ad:

• Options
    For baseball:

1887 N28 Allen & Ginter King Kelly

• Options
    tkd7tkd7 Posts: 1,799 ✭✭
    Mike,

I actually cheated on the N29 Allen & Ginter posting. I bought that off ebay last night and haven't received it yet. I got it for about $20. I'm assuming there is some flaw on the back, but it looks great and I couldn't pass it up for the price.

Tom
  • Options

<< <i>Mike,

I actually cheated on the N29 Allen & Ginter posting. I bought that off ebay last night and haven't received it yet. I got it for about $20. I'm assuming there is some flaw on the back, but it looks great and I couldn't pass it up for the price.

Tom >>

Iy's probably massive paper loss in the back, but that card has great eye appeal on the front!
  • Options
    here's what i've got....any idea what the ungraded A&G would bring? it's a beauty except there's a tiny bit of paper loss in the armpit. Cany anyone help me with posting pics directly to the post as opposed to having to link?

A&G
    A&G 2 Pete Wood
    Duner a.k.a. THE LSUConnMan
    lsuconnman@yahoo.com