Home PCGS Set Registry Forum
Options

MS Sac $1 Collectors: 2004(d) Sacagawea Dollar (PCGS-MS69) Sets New Price Record Tonight!

A 2004(d) Sacagawea Dollar grading PCGS-MS69 sold for $3,630 tonight including 10% buyers fee (Teletrade might calculate final price using 12% buyers fee as they are in a transition period right now but I used 10%). The pop is 8/0 on this coin. All (8) coins were slabbed MS69 in a single large submission back in 2004 (and the coins, overall, were incredible quality as the collectors who own them are aware). I got in all (8) coins on consignment and sold (6) to fellow MS Sac Dollars collectors for roughly $1,500/coin average price as I recall (I kept (2) coins for my personal collection as well). This is the first one of the (6) MS69 coins I have seen resell publicly since the time I sold them (although DRG may have also sold one when he broke up his collection?)

We often see threads of various modern coins that drop in price (and many do), but, seldom do we see threads on the moderns that are rising (as many have). I just thought this was a good time to mention this record price for a POP 8 Regular issue Sacagawea Dollar. Congrats to the new 2004(d) MS69 Sac owner!!

Wondercoin
Please visit my website at www.wondercoins.com and my ebay auctions under my user name www.wondercoin.com.

Comments

• Options
    Dan50Dan50 Posts: 1,809 ✭✭✭

<< <i>congrats to the seller as well >>

I agree, to get a double + return on a modern coin thats only a year old? You can never be sure what will happen with the pops, remember many of the 04 sets are still being held unopened because of their high selling price. Now reinvesting that $3000 + into something with a more stable pop, say like the 65 Washington that Mitch bought, would be wise. After all you would be $1500 ahead of the game from the start. image
    Dan
  • Options
    The 2004 D MS69 was one of the few TOP POP Sacs that I did not sell. It was so nice I did not put it on the market. I am not surprised this coin brought top dollar.
    (PAST) OWNER #1 SBA$ REGISTRY COLLECTOIN
  • Options
    wondercoinwondercoin Posts: 16,709 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dan: Yes, I have been sinking more and more money into those "classic" 1965-1998 Clad Washington Quarters - heck why collect moderns image

"The 2004 D MS69 was one of the few TOP POP Sacs that I did not sell. It was so nice I did not put it on the market. I am not surprised this coin brought top dollar."

DRG: As usual - smart move.

When I was lot viewing over at ANR the other day, I ran into Mark Ferguson, editor of Coin World Pricing. He mentioned to me that Coin World had done a poll with its readers (or something like that) and discovered that the #1 most collected coin among its readership was the SACAGAWEA DOLLAR. On the other hand, $3 Gold was collected by roughly only "5%" of its readership. Eureka!! What a surprise.

Wondercoin

P.S. I personally like BOTH Sacs and $3 Gold, although I am content with just my single $3 Gold Type coin.
    Please visit my website at www.wondercoins.com and my ebay auctions under my user name www.wondercoin.com.