Home Metal Detecting
Options

Pics of last weekends silver

I found this 1898 Barber quarter last weekend. It was 6" deep ia a well hunted local park. As you can see in the pic I hit it with my digger.

HH Metaldtct
That we are to stand by the president, right or wrong is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public.~Theodore Roosevelt-Republican president.

We know that dictators are quick to choose aggression, while free nations strive to resolve differences in peace.~George W. Bush.

Comments

• Options
    phutphut Posts: 1,087
    image Nice find.... Next time no scratchesimage
  • Options
    Yep you scuffed herimageNext time you got to be careful,but don't fill bad I have done it myselfimage

Nice find on the barber!!HH,Tom
  • Options
    lordmarcovanlordmarcovan Posts: 43,218 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Owww. image

Nice find, but it pains me to see it.

Do you use a pinpointer probe? If not, it might be time to get one. They help avoid situations like that (though of course you can still damage a coin with the initial thrust of the tool into the ground).

Explore collections of lordmarcovan on CollecOnline, management, safe-keeping, sharing and valuation solution for art piece and collectibles.
  • Options
    I haven't used a pinpointer since my Tinytec crapped out about two years ago. The quarter wasn't in my initial plug. If I still had a probe I probably would've found it un-damaged. The park only dates back to 1988 so I never thought I could be digging a Barber. Apparently the dirt was much older image Good thing it was a common date, if it was rare it would've been painful.

HH Metaldtct
    That we are to stand by the president, right or wrong is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public.~Theodore Roosevelt-Republican president.

We know that dictators are quick to choose aggression, while free nations strive to resolve differences in peace.~George W. Bush.

• Options
    Cool! Time for a new Tinytec!

GR
    Analog Rules! Knobs and Switches are cool!
    imageimage
  • Options
    Nice find. That was my first old silver coin. An 1898 barber quarter. A day I won't soon forget. Boy was I excited!

Northern California
    Minelab Sovereign GT with 180 meter and Sunray probe.
  • Options
    Hey Agile! Haven't seen you around much. Good to hear from ya!
    imageimage
  • Options
    Hey GR that's cause he's got girlfriend knowimageHH,Tom
  • Options

<< <i>Hey GR that's cause he's got girlfriend knowimageHH,Tom >>

Good for him! We can't just be detector geeks 24/7. image
    imageimage