Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

NewF's from Craton!

Craton has been kind enough to send me these coins! Thanks Craton!

BTW, NewF means New Freebie.image

Comments

• Options
    Any coments on these?
  • Options
    BochimanBochiman Posts: 25,293 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Any coments on these? >>

Sure......freebies are always good and as long as you like them, cool.
    The first one, I would consider $0.01 as it looks like ED (environmental damage) to me, but I could be wrong.
    The second one, well, another $0.01 as I don't know what is going on with the "O" on the reverse for "ONE CENT" and possibly more ED.

But, again, as long as you like them, and they were free, you can't go wrong.

I've been told I tolerate fools poorly...that may explain things if I have a problem with you. Current ebay items - Nothing at the moment

• Options
    They came out of an original roll that Craton had. The toning is from the roll.image
  • Options
    BochimanBochiman Posts: 25,293 ✭✭✭✭✭
    All that "stuff" is toning on the first pic's obv?
    I called it ED not because of the colors on the reverse but because of what looks like gunk on the obv.

I've been told I tolerate fools poorly...that may explain things if I have a problem with you. Current ebay items - Nothing at the moment

• Options
    I had almost a whole roll of them. Most of them were "gunk" free and had the nicest look to them. I had acquired a hoard of BU wheaties and the 1955 rolls were full of these.
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>Any coments on these? >>

Sure......freebies are always good and as long as you like them, cool.
    The first one, I would consider $0.01 as it looks like ED (environmental damage) to me, but I could be wrong.
    The second one, well, another $0.01 as I don't know what is going on with the "O" on the reverse for "ONE CENT" and possibly more ED.

But, again, as long as you like them, and they were free, you can't go wrong. >>

You are SO wise Bochi image
  • Options
    Well, how bout you take a pencil eraser to the rest of them and clean em up a little?
  • Options
    p8ntp8nt Posts: 2,947 ✭✭✭
  • Options

<< <i>Well, how bout you take a pencil eraser to the rest of them and clean em up a little? >>

craton must not like me, he never sends me anything image

Go BIG or GO HOME. ©Bill
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>Well, how bout you take a pencil eraser to the rest of them and clean em up a little? >>

craton must not like me, he never sends me anything image >>

PM me your addy!
  • Options
    By the way Dicky, you forgot to post these ones too! image
    imageimage
  • Options
    BlindedByEgoBlindedByEgo Posts: 10,754 ✭✭✭✭✭

Taco sauce is better.

Edited to add: Geez, Greg, you never made any posts about the freebies I sent you. Sucking up to the wrong person, I think image

OTOH, used blow up dolls aren't probably a good basis for a coin forum post image
  • Options

<< <i>

Taco sauce is better.

Edited to add: Geez, Greg, you never made any posts about the freebies I sent you. Sucking up to the wrong person, I think image

OTOH, used blow up dolls aren't probably a good basis for a coin forum post image >>

This thread originated from one year ago. Don't know why, but someone brought it back.
  • Options
    BlindedByEgoBlindedByEgo Posts: 10,754 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The culprit:

r00ster

Why?

• Options

<< <i>The culprit:

r00ster

Why?

image >>

Heh! That's one of my buddys from Portland! His first post ever and he's talkin smack image

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file