Home PCGS Set Registry Forum
Options

MY #1 ALL-TIME FINEST WASH. QTR. PROOF SET 1936-64 IN LONG BEACH AUCTION

Set is anchored by a 1937 PR68 Pop 2/0, 1938 PR68 Pop 2/0, and a 1942 PR68 Pop 5/0.
Hope the new owners enjoy these beauties as much as I have.
My #2 ALL-TIME FINEST WASH. QTR. PROOF SET 1965-1998 is also included in this auction, as is
my #5 CURRENT FINEST WASH. QTR. MINT STATE SET 1932-64.
Daniel D. Biddle
Paris, KY.

Comments

• Options
    DANNYDANNY Posts: 347 ✭✭✭
    Thanks Craig for the well wishes.
    Thanks also for helping me along the way in my quest of mint state quarters.
    You are one fine gentleman.
    Danny
  • Options
    RegistryCoinRegistryCoin Posts: 5,111 ✭✭✭✭
    Good luck with your sales, Danny!
  • Options
    I'm hoping to snag a few of them at auction image
    Building 33-47 Mint Sets always looking for MS67s PM with any coins you might have for sale.

Mike
    idocoins
  • Options
    Thanks Steve.
    BTW: You are on the right path with these modern low mintage MS70 PR70 coins IMHO!!
  • Options
    Danny, I just received my catalog today! Nice pictures. I could use a few of those! Thanks1, Bill Bryan
    DLG
  • Options
    Auction set for 9:00AM Pacific Time-12:00 Noon Eastern Time on Friday Sept 23.
    Good luck to all potential buyers/bidders- all of my coins have been entered in this auction WITH NO RESERVE.
    Daniel D. Biddle
    Paris, KY.
  • Options
    badgerbadger Posts: 1,217 ✭✭✭
    Did my best. Looks like I will be at least second on those I bid.

Badger
    Collector of Modern Silver Proofs 1950-1964 -- PCGS Registry as Elite Cameo

Link to 1950 - 1964 Proof Registry Set
    1938 - 1964 Proof Jeffersons w/ Varieties
  • Options
    CRAIG:
    Thanks again for the well wishes.
    I know you like toners, but take a good look at my 1946P MS67(Lot 2987). It is blast white/proof-like.
    One of my favorites in my entire set. I have not seen another "white" one of this date/grade, but I am sure they exist.
    Danny
  • Options
    wondercoinwondercoin Posts: 16,712 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Danny: Congratulations on your sale! I ended up with a few of your coins to be sure. And, where I missed out on a few others, at least I helped your prices along (I believe it was only me and another collector above $7,500 on your 37 Proof quarter that ended up fetching $12,000 hammer). I also bid up your 1952 Proof quarter from around $800 to $2,200 (and lost) because it was the interesting "Superbird" variety. Obviously, another collector spotted that as well. Again, congrats on your sale.

Wondercoin

Please visit my website at www.wondercoins.com and my ebay auctions under my user name www.wondercoin.com.
  • Options
    Mitch & Craig:
    Thanks for the kind words.
    Thanks also for your purchases.
    There were some strong prices paid for my early proof quarters that made me very happy.
    On the other hand, I was a little dissapointed in some of the sell prices
    of the MS67 quarters.
    I am already missing some of "my old friends".
    Thanks to all bidders/buyers
    ENJOY
    Daniel D. Biddle
    Paris, KY.
  • Options
    wondercoinwondercoin Posts: 16,712 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Craig: Nice haul - I was your underbidder on the 46(d).

I bought an interesting coin out of the quarter sale this morning as well - a 1934(d) MS66 DDO-001. It was estimated a few years back that only 5-8 DDO-001 coins exist for this date, although I suspect that estimate might be a tad low. In any event, it is a very interesting variety with nice separation on "In God We Trust". It was also nice to pick up a 1936(p) quarter in PCGS-MS64 DDO as well.

Danny - Thank you for making those coins available.

Wondercoin
    Please visit my website at www.wondercoins.com and my ebay auctions under my user name www.wondercoin.com.
  • Options
    Danny,
    Rest assured some of your beauties are now in a good home....... thanks for the chance to get some of them
    Mike
    Building 33-47 Mint Sets always looking for MS67s PM with any coins you might have for sale.

Mike
    idocoins
  • Options
    MIKE:
    I hope that all of the new owners enjoy the coins as much as I did.
    There were some very nice coins that sold for a very reasonable price.
    Thanks again to all bidders/buyers.
    Daniel D. Biddle
    Paris, KY.
  • Options
    StoogeStooge Posts: 4,649 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Danny,

CONGRATS on a successful sale!

Now that you are finished selling off your Washingtons, what will be in your future as far as collecting is concerned?

Any desire to send in that gang of Roosies to PCGS for FULLBAND designation?

Later, Paul.

Later, Paul.
  • Options
    Dan50Dan50 Posts: 1,809 ✭✭✭
    Good question Paul.. Or please let us know [when &where] if you ever decide to break up those Roosie's. image

On one hand I would hate to see you break up the set, but on the other, would love the chance to own a lot of them.
    Dan
  • Options
    PQpeacePQpeace Posts: 4,799 ✭✭✭
    Hi Danny,
    I won your 1875-s Trade Dollar...
    I also bid on about 10 more and lost image

Very nice coin image
    Larry
    Larry Shapiro Rare Coins - LSRC
    POB 854
    Temecula CA 92593
    310-541-7222 office
    310-710-2869 cell
    www.LSRarecoins.com
    Larry@LSRarecoins.com

PCGS Las Vegas June 24-26
    Baltimore July 14-17
    Chicago August 11-15
  • Options
    PAUL:
    I still have all of those Roosey Dimes.
    At the present, I have probably "scoped" about half of them, looking for the full-band ones.
    I still have not sent the first coin to PCGS for possible upgrade to full-band.
    I guess that I will have to turn my attention Back to the dimes after the Heritage Palm Beach Auction
    in Nov. when the remainder of my Quarters (proof and MS) will be sold.
    Hope to catch up with all of the Roosey collectors then.
    I know that they are just as nice as my friends I have met collecting the Wash. Qtrs.
    Daniel D. Biddle
    Paris, KY.

Larry:
    Thanks for the bids.
    There were some very nice Trade $ in my Registry Set.
    I hope that they have found a nice/new home, and with someone who appreciates them as much as I did.