Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Speared Bison

Whats the going price of
PCGS MS67 D Mint ?? These days...

righton

Comments

• Options
    Well I didn't answer before but now I have two MS67 Speared Bisons backandI have have no idea what their worth. I have been offered 5000.00.
    The MS66 just sold for 2150.00 So If anyone here wants to buy one let me know, Thanks.
  • Options
    RussRuss Posts: 48,515 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Well I didn't answer before but now I have two MS67 Speared Bisons backandI have have no idea what their worth. I have been offered 5000.00.
    The MS66 just sold for 2150.00 So If anyone here wants to buy one let me know, Thanks. >>

How's it going, LittleJohn?

Russ, NCNE
  • Options

Potential™

And what a coinkydink, someone throws up a high slow softball, and he shows up to hit it outtatheparkimage

-------------------------

imageimage
    Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

Apropos of the coin posse/aka caca: "The longer he spoke of his honor, the tighter I held to my purse."

• Options
    ERER Posts: 7,345

<< <i>

<< <i>Well I didn't answer before but now I have two MS67 Speared Bisons backandI have have no idea what their worth. I have been offered 5000.00.
    The MS66 just sold for 2150.00 So If anyone here wants to buy one let me know, Thanks. >>

How's it going, LittleJohn?

Russ, NCNE >>

Heh heh heh.
  • Options
    RYKRYK Posts: 35,788 ✭✭✭✭✭
    What the heck is a "speared bison"? image
  • Options
    braddickbraddick Posts: 23,107 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>What the heck is a "speared bison"? image >>

Apparently it's a $5,000.00 nickel in MS67 and a $2,100.00 nickel in MS66.

peacockcoins

• Options
    Can you post the speared buffalo?
    silverandvinyl
    leon
  • Options
    I can't believe she isn't here yetimage

Apropos of the coin posse/aka caca: "The longer he spoke of his honor, the tighter I held to my purse."

• Options

Yea right, Sucka needed!!!!!!!!
  • Options
    ERER Posts: 7,345

<< <i>Can you post the speared buffalo?
    silverandvinyl >>

• Options
    krankykranky Posts: 8,709 ✭✭✭
    Here's one that's on ebay currently.

New collectors, please educate yourself before spending money on coins; there are people who believe that using numismatic knowledge to rip the naïve is what this hobby is all about.

• Options
    ManorcourtmanManorcourtman Posts: 7,900 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>What the heck is a "speared bison"? image >>

It's an overpriced anomaly.
  • Options
    LindeDadLindeDad Posts: 18,766 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cracked die Modern Junk™ that there putting in slabs.
  • Options
    Weather11amWeather11am Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭
    I have one of those! Pretty cool die crack!image
  • Options

<< <i>I can't believe she isn't here yet >>

I'm pretty sure she got banned for spreading all that BS about Lucy.

Russ, NCNE
  • Options
    TwoSides2aCoinTwoSides2aCoin Posts: 43,837 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hang on to that speared bison.......I got offered one in MS65 plus 500 for an MS66 Wisconsin Low Leaf which probably nobody knows about either.... Five grand for an MS67 ? Someone put their underwear on backwards IMO. image I bought six thousand nickels in the bank boxes early on, I suppose I ought to get to cherry pickin'.

As for your depiction of the speared bison , ER.... There are NONE FINER image POP 1/0
  • Options
    BochimanBochiman Posts: 25,293 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>I can't believe she isn't here yetimage >>

Just click your heels and repeat "I want to go home. I want to go HOME. I WANT TO GO HOME!!!"
    And it will be all better image

I've been told I tolerate fools poorly...that may explain things if I have a problem with you. Current ebay items - Nothing at the moment

• Options
    JRoccoJRocco Posts: 14,277 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oh please God, oh please God---Don't let her appear..................
    Some coins are just plain "Interesting"
  • Options

<< <i>

I'm pretty sure she got banned for spreading all that BS about Lucy.

Russ, NCNE >>

Hmmm I missed that. Can you link it? image
  • Options
    There is no PCGS MS 67
  • Options
    Why aren't I surprised?

The thread was deleted, appropriately so, or it would have incinerated by spontaneous combustion.

• Options

<< <i>What the heck is a "speared bison"? >>

A 2005 nickel that has a die gouge (I don't believe it's a die crack, at least the pictures I've seen don't look like a crack.) that cuts across the buffalo. I'd pay fifty cents for one.
  • Options
    seanqseanq Posts: 8,575 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

I'm pretty sure she got banned for spreading all that BS about Lucy. >>

Yet another reason to be thankful this holiday season.

Sean Reynolds
    Incomplete planchets wanted, especially Lincoln Cents & type coins.

"Keep in mind that most of what passes as numismatic information is no more than tested opinion at best, and marketing blather at worst. However, I try to choose my words carefully, since I know that you guys are always watching." - Joe O'Connor
  • Options
    Since She couldn't be here so I will deliver the message.
    I think there are unterior motives at work by those who continue to Be "in Denial for some personal reason.
    (Either that or No real idea how to recognize a valuable coin when they see one)
    a coin collector
    trying to convince others that these "Spears", these much desired coins are worthless? And not allowing others to form their own opinions? I say smacks of jealousy
    Its an NGC MS67 Speared Bison nickel of which there are now 4 of them. An AU58 speared nickel just sold for $82.50 with 6 bids and thats what you call played out?
    Definition of "Sour Grapes" Any and All who dis the speared bison because they didn't find one. 234 Collectors/buyers and growing daily all wrong? Amount of bidders for Any type speared bison on auction average 8-15 and 40 new ones in the last week.
    Perfect Placement, Nostalgia, An American favorite design, Not your average die gouge. This is Huge, a 650 coin short run of a Perfectly straight perfectly placed spear, the killing weapon the indians used. Our History)
    The nature of this gouge is that it lifts up the skin only, of the buffalo, adding more realism and desireability.
    Anyone who denies the amount of money this nickel has made and will make or suggests it is played out or will ever be played out needs to look up the word envy, (of those that found them.) Many of the buyers are Dealers and coin shop owners. Its here, its special, its demanded by hundreds and growing. and the supply is limited. The pcgs price guide is of course low at present but it does say $525.00 for a MS66 Spear. Soon to be in the National news, the prices will be out of sight. Don't have one? Can't see it yet? Wow! post more, dis the coin more. Be Michael Moore. You have been outvoted ,outguessed and out classed and Ony 650 people can have one out of 8 Billion. You figure supply and demand doesn't work anymore or it just doesn't apply here to the fastest growing coin of the decade? Its already brought 86000 times its value at the highest and 20,000 times its value in lower grades in just 8 months and continues to do so showing no signs of stopping at all. Each time a new person finds out about it and they do everyday, the rarity grows. (Reminder,its a Nickel). If you deny the desire American people have for this coin (and they have voted time and time again with money, Then you must be have some motive or some internal emotional baggage that has blinded you,or maybe your just afraid of change
  • Options
    Yep, it's LittleJohn. image

Russ, NCNE
  • Options
    JRoccoJRocco Posts: 14,277 ✭✭✭✭✭
    8 billion minus one. image
    Some coins are just plain "Interesting"
  • Options
    Holy crap, littlejohn, why all the jibberish? If the SB's are selling in the market, let the market speak for itself and spare us the spam!!
  • Options
    littlejohn, I knew your "cant tawk two gud" was an act. I mean, you were typing. That took some effort. Your real persona still spells poorly, and is still full of bile, but dropping the act is the first step in your healing processimage

-------------------------

imageimage

• Options
    cladkingcladking Posts: 28,333 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm impressed that there is still a lot of interest in this coin and have said from the
    beginning that there was a chance that it would catch on. It's quite possible that
    much of its allure is all the negative press that it gets (especially on the net).

It may not be a sure thing yet that it has staying power so another highly toxic thread
    may be indicated. image
    Tempus fugit.
  • Options
    RYKRYK Posts: 35,788 ✭✭✭✭✭
    What's all this fuss about the speared bison?

If it is so desirable, it should speak for itself (not like Gabby Johnson).
  • Options
    Speared Bison is cool.
  • Options
    fcloudfcloud Posts: 12,133 ✭✭✭✭
    I would pay about $20 for one. I think they are hot now, but I think there is more down potential than up. I like to refer to the 1973-S Silver Ikes. They were so hot in about 1976 because the mintage was low. Today they are about 1/3 of the price back then.

President, Racine Numismatic Society 2013-2014; Variety Resource Dimes; See 6/8/12 CDN for my article on Winged Liberty Dimes; Ebay

• Options
    image (FrNallstar)

So what if it's modern? It's a die variety, and a pretty neat one, at that. All the "classic" collectors can belittle it to their hearts content, while they grab the new VAM variety book and look through the thousands of BU Morgans that blanket bourses at every show, and goo-goo over a "seated collar" variety that you need a 10X loupe to notice! I'm amazed at how a few people can pass judgement for the masses, while looking down their noses at the collectors who prop up the market with moderns and eventually branch out into a specialties, i.e. "classics". Why is collecting both types of coins ( by whatever criteria is used...image ) mutually exclusive?

Cladking - you always seem to bring some reasoning to the threads that disrupts the rantings, thank goodness. Let the market determine it's value.....supply & demand.
    Don't you know that it's worth
    every treasure on Earth
    to be young at heart?
    And as rich as you are,
    it's much better by far,
    to be young at heart!
  • Options
    golddustin,

This thread isn't really about the speared bison. image

Russ, NCNE
  • Options
    MyqqyMyqqy Posts: 9,777
    When I think of speared bison, I start to feel...... uh, a little...... uh........ image
    My style is impetuous, my defense is impregnable !
  • Options
    clw54clw54 Posts: 3,816 ✭✭✭

<< <i>image (FrNallstar)

So what if it's modern? It's a die variety, and a pretty neat one, at that. All the "classic" collectors can belittle it to their hearts content, while they grab the new VAM variety book and look through the thousands of BU Morgans that blanket bourses at every show, and goo-goo over a "seated collar" variety that you need a 10X loupe to notice! I'm amazed at how a few people can pass judgement for the masses, while looking down their noses at the collectors who prop up the market with moderns and eventually branch out into a specialties, i.e. "classics". Why is collecting both types of coins ( by whatever criteria is used...image ) mutually exclusive?

Cladking - you always seem to bring some reasoning to the threads that disrupts the rantings, thank goodness. Let the market determine it's value.....supply & demand. >>

The 1922 plain cent gets dissed periodically, too.
  • Options
    gonzergonzer Posts: 2,989 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Speared, gauged, nicked.....it still tastes like chicken.
  • Options
    Great enertainment, dont let this thread die yet!
  • Options
    LucyBopLucyBop Posts: 14,004 ✭✭✭
    There is a movie by Stephen King I believe... its tittle is..

"Sometimes They Come Back"

The return of littlebann'd......
    imageBe Bop A Lula!!
    "Senorita HepKitty"
    "I want a real cool Kitty from Hepcat City, to stay in step with me" - Bill Carter

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file