Home Stamps Forum
Options

Grill stamps

Hello, I was curious to know how dangerous it is to buy grilled stamps from ebay. I wanna start collecting unused grilled stamps but I am afraid. Are there many stamps that are non-grilled that were grilled to look like an original grill stamp? Is the investment good or bad. anyone else collect grills?

Comments

• Options
    I have a substantial collection of grills. Collecting grills on mint stamps can be a risky business. Most mint grills run a substantial price. My advice would be to deal with sellers that have a return policy and that allow additional time for you to obtain a certification. If at all possible, bid on stamps with certifications. I do have a few grills on used stamps that are fakes. Some of the fake grills are easy to spot but others are very hard to detect. I hope this helps.
  • Options
    lordmarcovanlordmarcovan Posts: 43,214 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Grilled stamps are tasty, if you put barbecue sauce on 'em.

(Sorry, I misclicked and got lost in Stampland on my way to another forum.) image

Explore collections of lordmarcovan on CollecOnline, management, safe-keeping, sharing and valuation solution for art piece and collectibles.