Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Best time for ebay auctions to end?

I have tried several different days and times with mixed results. I seem to do pretty well on Tuesday and Thursday nights around 9-10 est.
Many people seem to like Saturday and Sunday nights and evenings. Just wondering what you guys think does the best.

Comments

• Options
    I typically have mine end on Tuesdays or Wednesdays around 11PM EST.
  • Options
    KnucklesKnuckles Posts: 2,512 ✭✭✭
    Dido but around 7ish EST.

During summer people are out and about.. Once winter comes I'll probably go back to Sunday evenings.
  • Options
    Now that the NFL season is beginning, would it be better not the list cards on Sundays? I've always listed to end on Sunday late afternoon/evening, but I'm considering ending them on weeknight evenings instead. Any thoughts would be appreciated.
  • Options
    ldfergldferg Posts: 6,739 ✭✭✭
    same as ajetfan. since it's fb time, i'm thinking of ending on another day as well. looks like tuesday's may be pretty popular. i'll try that and see how it goes.

Thanks,

David (LD_Ferg)

1985 Topps Football (starting in psa 8) - #9 - started 05/21/06
  • Options
    zef204zef204 Posts: 4,742 ✭✭

I concur. I just had about 60 auctions end on this past Thursday it it didn't go so well. I should not have had them endon opening night and I think that had a major effect on the last few hours of the auction. Those who snipe, are going to, but its those that see things in the last few hours that really add to the final value. I would say either Tues, Wed, or Thurs nights and anytime before 11 est.
    EAMUS CATULI!

My Auctions
  • Options
    ctsoxfanctsoxfan Posts: 6,246 ✭✭
    I agree with weeknight ending times - I personally do well with Monday and Tuesday nights, ending between 10pm and 11pm.
  • Options
    I like Sunday nights around 8-9 pm EST. Most people are home Sunday nights which translates into more people online.

JMO, Bob
    57 Topps (83%) 7.61
    61 Topps (100%) 7.96
    62 Parkhurst (100%) 8.70
    63 Topps (100%) 7.96
    63 York WB's (50%) 8.52
    68 Topps (39%) 8.54
    69 Topps (3%) 9.00
    69 OPC (83%) 8.21
    71 Topps (100%) 9.21 #1 A.T.F.
    72 Topps (100%) 9.39
    73 Topps (13%) 9.35
    74 OPC WHA (95%) 8.57
    75 Topps (50%) 9.23
    77 OPC WHA (86%) 8.62 #1 A.T.F.
    88 Topps (5%) 10.00
  • Options
    Monday and Friday nights are the worse times. Other than that, it's probably the weekend. Seems like Thursday is popular now, but I don't know if that's better than late Sunday night, 11est or so.
    Running an Ebay store sure takes a lot more time than a person would think!