Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Team Bags a Good Deal on ebay!

For years now, I've been using team bags to cover my PSA slabs. The PSA holder slides nicely into a team bag and covers around 75% of the holder, ...in other words all except the top "PSA label section".

It does a good job at "scratch prevention". It seems "Ultra-Pro" is the #1 brand out there, and for the most part, has been the "brand of choice" for me.

I've noted a question here on the treads a short while ago, about what sleeves are good for PSA holder storage (and I'll add, good for shipping PSA holders)? I'll bet that most here do not use team bags to store PSA holders, in fact, I may be one of only a few that do. I got to tell you, they work well for me. And the holders look good in a team bag also!

The reason I brought this-up, is the ever-increasing costs associated with supplies for our hobby (...and additionally, ...now the high cost of gasoline!). I usually traveled around 45 minutes to a local card shop to buy supplies (including Ultra Pro team bags!). I didn't mind the long "round-trip" ride, for we all know its nice to visit a "well-stocked" card shop (fun!)...

There are plenty of "mail order card hobbyist suppliers" selling on ebay and elsewhere, but almost all of them "nail you" in high shipping costs. (ot: You want to see high shipping charges? Try ordering some PSA storage boxes from Collectors Universe, as their insane shipping and handling costs really "flipped me out!").

I recently found this ebay seller (i.e., ...with a perfect 100% positive feedback since 1998!), who not only carries my favorite Ultra Pro Team Bags at a good price ($ 8.95 for 500, ...thats 5 packs of 100!), but doesn't rip you off for shipping costs. He charges $3.85 for priorty mail! And the cost of Priorty Mail? ....yep $3.85 (...I also noticed his other reasonable shipping costs for heavier items, I might add!).

So, if you haven't tried team bags for PSA "slab protection", well do it! You'll most likely like them, as I do. And at $12.80 ($8.95 + $3.85) for 500, delivered right to your door, ......... "such a deal"!!!

Here is the link to that seller: psa6guy !!!

rbd

Comments

• Options
    jackstrawjackstraw Posts: 3,750 ✭✭✭
    I have heard that if you find the team set bags for tall boys they fit a PSA slab perfect? I am yet to see any but you might want to ask the local card shop or the Ebay guy if they have them?If you find them LMK
    Collector Focus

ON ITS WAY TO NEWPORT BEACH, CA 92658
  • Options
    rbdjr1rbdjr1 Posts: 4,474 ✭✭

<< <i>I have heard that if you find the team set bags for tall boys they fit a PSA slab perfect? I am yet to see any but you might want to ask the local card shop or the Ebay guy if they have them?If you find them LMK >>

Wow! That sounds great! Thanks! I'll look for them!

rbd
  • Options
    envoy98envoy98 Posts: 4,000 ✭✭
    I used to order team bags directly from cardboard gold. They are a much better bag in my opinion and they are clearer. I also like their penny sleeves a lot better. When I was selling team bags at my table during shows I was charging $1.79/100 as well. If I make another order with them I'll post here and if anyone wants anything I can add it to my order. I have a dealer account with them but still need to spend at least $500 to get the preferred pricing. I'm just about out of penny sleeves and team bags and my Card Saver I's and top loaders are gone as well. They sell tall boy top loaders and graded card bags as well. I don't remember the exact pricing but I could find it.
  • Options
    NickMNickM Posts: 4,896 ✭✭✭
    If anyone who's coming to the Hollywood Park show wants top loaders, let me know. I have plenty of extras (as well as some extra semi-rigid holders, though mostly not card savers, and penny sleeves). I don't have any extra team bags though. I give those to my mother, who uses them to keep earrings paired.

Nick
    Reap the whirlwind.

Need to buy something for the wife or girlfriend? Check out Vintage Designer Clothing.