Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

SNL fans...

I think I found the "Unfrozen Caveman Lawyer." Anyone remember this skit? I saw this, thought of that and wanted to pass it on...

That was a good skit. Not quite as good as Will Ferrell doing Harry Caray but I'm not a hot dog.
EAMUS CATULI!

My Auctions

Comments

• Options
    looks exactly like him haha.
    Ryan
  • Options
    StingrayStingray Posts: 8,843 ✭✭✭
    Funniest skit ever. IMO

Link

Stingray
  • Options
    frankhardyfrankhardy Posts: 8,046 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think Chris Farley's "Matt Foley, Motivational Speaker" has it beat, because he lived in a van down by the river!

Shane

• Options
    yawie99yawie99 Posts: 2,575 ✭✭✭
    Finally! I had heard about the fabled Cowbell segment for so long. Thanks, Stingray. I don't know if I could choose a funniest SNL skit ever, but that one was indeed pretty good.
    imageimageimageimageimageimage
  • Options
    CDsNutsCDsNuts Posts: 10,092
    I thought Johnny Damon was the Unfrozen Caveman Lawyer.

"I'm just a simple caveman. I'm scared of your world. When I get on an airplane, I don't know if I'm being eaten by a giant flying metal monster."

Lee
  • Options
    xbaggypantsxbaggypants Posts: 2,185 ✭✭✭
    " Don't blame me, I'm just a Caveman"
  • Options
    julen23julen23 Posts: 4,558 ✭✭
    niiiiceee.

wasn't mike newlin the beastmaster?

julen
    RIP GURU
  • Options
    dudedude Posts: 1,454 ✭✭
    That is funny.

Mike Newlin used to be on a local sports talk radio show in Houston several years ago. He would always try to come off as some type of sports intellectual by always using a bunch of big, complicated words, but a lot of the times it was clear that he didn't truly understand the meaning of those words nor could he pronounce them correctly. After a while, I just couldn't stand listening to him.
  • Options
    imageimage

One in the same?

Stingray
  • Options
    pandrewspandrews Posts: 7,598 ✭✭✭

hilarious.. heh..
    ·p_A·
  • Options
    KnucklesKnuckles Posts: 2,512 ✭✭✭
    Too funny image
  • Options
    Cowbell was great. I cant say any other sketch was better. However, I always cracked up at the Neil Diamond unplugged skit (with Will Farrell again...where he notes the inspiration for his songs were, among other things, hitting a kid with his car and his intense hatred of foreigners) and the original Debbie Downer sketch. Funny stuff.

• Options
    Wow, it does look like him.

The funniest skit in my opinion has to be with Adam Sandler as Canteen Boy and Alec Baldwin as the pedophile scout master. Talk about sick, but that's one skit I constantly bust a gut everytime I see it. Don't know how they kept a straight face doing that skit.

Scout Master: … and hanging on the car door… was a bloody HOOK!

Boy scouts #1 to #3: AAH!

Boy scout #1: Hey, I got a cool story mister Armstrong, but I can’t tell it until Canteen Boy gets back.

Scout Master: Where is Canteen Boy?

Boy scout #2: He’s right over there!

[ Camera switches to Canteen Boy, a few feet away from fire camp, staring at a wooden owl ]

Boy scout #3: Canteen Boy come over here!

Canteen Boy: Hang on a second fell- fellows, I got a bit of a situation here!

Boy scout #2: You can relax Canteen Boy that thing is made of wood.

Canteen Boy: [ Touches the owl ] So it is. [ Canteen Boy goes sit at the fire camp ] Good eye!

Boy scout #1: Hey Canteen Boy, I got a really scary ghost story! Once upon a time there was a moron, who always had a stupid canteen wrapped around his neck!

Canteen Boy: Hey, I think I’ve heard this tale before

Boy scout #1:… it was a dark and stormy night, and this moron went into the woods, and a huge bear came up and ripped his head off! – Just ‘cause he looked so stupid! – THE END! Ha! Ha! Ha! Ha! Ha!

Canteen Boy: Hey you wanna see something really scary? Look in the mirror! Mm-mm!

Boy scout #1: Ha-ha SHUT up Canteen Boy!

Canteen Boy: Hey you shut up!

Boy scout #1: What was that?

Canteen Boy: Nothing.

Scout Master: All right guys! Lay off Canteen Boy, You can hike on back to your tents and hit the hay! Come on! Let’s go! Let’s go! [ Boy scouts are leaving, disappointed, Scout Master holds Canteen Boy’s leg ] Not you Canteen Boy! I wanted to talk to you about something. I see you take a lot of ribbing from the other scouters.

Canteen Boy: Goes with the territory mister Armstrong – it’s sticks and stones!

Scout Master: [ Putting his arm around Canteen Boy’s shoulder ] Attaboy!.. [ Looking at Canteen Boy with lust in his eye ] You know, it seems like the moment you get out of the city, all the problems sort of, fade away… [ Scout Master feels Canteen Boy’s cheek with his nose ] I’m sorry Canteen Boy my - my beard is scratchy isn’t it?

Canteen Boy: [ Very uncomfortable with the situation ] No harm done!

Scout Master: [ Continues to feel Canteen Boy’s cheek ] My beard is scratchy Canteen Boy but it gives good back rubs…

Canteen Boy: Yeah um, yeah I’ll take a rain check on that mister Armstrong.

Scout Master: [ Tears his shirt apart ] Oops! My shirt fell off!

Canteen Boy: That’s a quick fix mister Armstrong just put it back on!

Scout Master: Ha! Ha! Ha! Ha! That’s great Canteen Boy! Hey [Holds Canteen Boy back again, puts an hand on his leg and rubs it] Do you like wine?

Canteen Boy: Actually I prefer pure tap water um, right out of the ol' canteen right here!

Scout Master: I’m going to get us a little…. wine…. [ Scout Master leaves ]

Canteen Boy: All right a little drop will not kill me I guess…

[ Canteen Boy hears a howl in the forest ]

Canteen Boy: Ooo-Ooo to you! Hey owl! if you’re so wise why don’t you go to sleep it’s the middle of the night! [ Canteen Boy is amused and proud of his remark. ]

[ Scout Master comes back, wearing a bath robe and holding two glasses of wine. Sits besides Canteen Boy ]

Scout Master: Ahhh… Here’s to the Great Outdoors! [ Scout Master intentionally spills wine over Canteen Boy’s sleeping bag ] Oops! Was that your sleeping bag? [ Canteen Boy’s get out of his wet sleeping bag ] You’d better share mine.. It’s Extra Large!

Canteen Boy: [ Naive about the invitation ] Sure why not, until mine dries off, it won’t take long it’s made of Gore-Tex.

Scout Master: Canteen Boy, would you um.. rub some bug repellent on my chest?

Canteen Boy: It’s February mister Armstrong I think all the bugs went down south to hibernate, I’ll be honest with you!

Scout Master: Humor me Canteen Boy!

[ Canteen Boy nervously applies lotion on Scout Master’s chest for a few seconds ]

Canteen Boy: There you go! No more bugs!

Scout Master: I have to apologize for my hairy chest, it can be a little scratchy…

Canteen Boy: Yeah.. my mom might like it as she’s a big Tom Selleck fan!

Scout Master: Ha! Ha! Ha! Ha! You’re very funny Canteen Boy! [ Reaches out and holds Canteen Boy in his arms ] Make me laugh some more!

Canteen Boy: Actually, I left my joke book over in the tent, how about I go get it?

Scout Master: That’s okay Canteen Boy let’s just, lie here and… look at the stars…. [ Scout Master puts his mouth on Canteen Boy’s cheek and neck ] Do you know um… [ Takes Canteen Boy’s finger and suck it ] do you know how.. how to play… "Truth or Dare"…Canteen Boy?

Canteen Boy: Um, refresh me!

Scout Master: You choose between telling a secret… or doing a Dare…

Canteen Boy: All right: "Dare."

[ Scout Master whispers something inaudible at Canteen Boy’s ear ]

Canteen Boy : [ Looking scared ] You know what mister Armstrong, let’s start off with the Truth!

Scout Master: I’ll tell you a Truth canteen Boy! You know what I hate? Underpants!

[ Scout Masters removes his underpants underneath his sleeping bag ]

Canteen Boy: Gee, I think if you worry about bugs, underpants would be your last line of defense!

Scout Master: [ Throwing his underpants away ] Problem solved!

Canteen Boy: Your problem’s solved but I think my problem’s just beginning! [ Scout Master forces Canteen Boy into spoon like position ] Aahhh What the hell is that?

Scout Master: I don’t know, it must have been a bed bug.

Canteen Boy: That was pretty big for a bed bug!

Scout Master: Okay it wasn’t a bed bug!

Canteen Boy: Let’s go back to saying it was a bed bug! Hey you know what, the park ranger just called! He said: "one camper per sleeping bag!" Sorry! Adios Amigos! [ Canteen Boy tries to leave sleeping bag, Scout Master holds him back ]

Scout Master: Ha! Ha! Ha! Ha! God you make me laugh Canteen Boy!

[ Scout Masters holds Canteen Boy and falls asleep – the morning after…]

Scout Master: [ Wakes up ] I’m sorry Canteen Boy, I fell asleep before anything happened.

Canteen Boy: No harm done!

Scout Master: Well who’s hungry? I’m gonna go make us a power breakfast! [ Scout Master leaves ]

Canteen Boy: Okay…[ Canteen Boy gets up, whistles to summon snakes and runs away ]

Scout Master: [ Scout Master returns ] Canteen Boy have you ever had a Mimosa? Canteen Boy? [ Snakes "charge" at Scout Master from various location ] Ha! Ha! Ha!.. Canteen Boy you rascal!"

[ Fade out ]
  • Options
    pandrewspandrews Posts: 7,598 ✭✭✭
    ·p_A·
  • Options
    Mike Newlin used to be on a local sports talk radio show in Houston several years ago. He would always try to come off as some type of sports intellectual by always using a bunch of big, complicated words, but a lot of the times it was clear that he didn't truly understand the meaning of those words nor could he pronounce them correctly

Dude- sorta like listening to Clyde Frazier do Knick games. "Undoubtly the defense was exceptionally perturbed by Stephon's swishin' and dishin' "image
    Baseball is my Pastime, Football is my Passion
  • Options
    RedHeart54RedHeart54 Posts: 2,271 ✭✭✭
    Wow, I can't believe the coincidence! I literally downloaded the "cowbell" skit today from a totally different site and was cracking up for the better part of the day. I'll never listen to "Don't Fear the Reaper" again without laughing like a nutcase.

That card is amazing.

Don't blow this for us, Gene!
  • Options
    mtcardsmtcards Posts: 3,342 ✭✭✭
    I watched SNL during the '80s and hadnt watched as much in the last few years, but happened to catch one of the Celebrity Jeopardy skits about a year ago and ended up downloading the whole series of them. I sat and watched them until my sides hurt. The ones with Sean Connery are great.

Trebek: This is the Sound a dog makes.

(Silence from the contestants)

Trebek: People, come one. We would have accepted Woof, Arf or Ruff.

Connery: Ahh, Ruff. Thats the way your mother likes it.
    IT IS ALWAYS CHEAPER TO NOT SELL ON EBAY
  • Options
    ctsoxfanctsoxfan Posts: 6,246 ✭✭
    You guys hit them all - the best skits of the recent SNL years (funny how most of them had Will Farrell).

The BOC cowbell is my favorite, the Neil Diamond unplugged was great also (anyone know where I can download that one?), and how about the one with Colonel Angus?

Edit to add - Robert DeNiro doing a press conference on suspected terrorists, and Eddie Murphy singing reggae to the VFW.
  • Options
    zef204zef204 Posts: 4,742 ✭✭

I think we are missing some of the greats. There were a few Celebrity Jeopardys that were a riot.

Sean Connery: "I'll take The Rapists for $600"

Trabek(Ferrell): "That's 'THERAPISTS' for 600."

The gets me all the time.

Also the Harry Caray "Year in Review"...Hey Norm...
    EAMUS CATULI!

My Auctions
  • Options
    RedHeart54RedHeart54 Posts: 2,271 ✭✭✭

<< <i>There were a few Celebrity Jeopardys that were a riot. >>

Connery: "I'll take Swords for $600."

Trebek: "That's 'S' WORDS."

As long as we're talking SNL skits on a sports board, how about...

-Wayne Gretzky and Mike Myers playing hockey in a Wayne's World "dream" sketch.

-Michael Jordan on Daily Affirmation with Stuart Smally.

-Charles Barkley beating up "Barney".

-George Steinbrenner lamenting how cruel and heartless it is to fire someone. (From the Quickie Mart sketch.)

-The hockey brawl/beer commercial parody with Joe Piscapo and Robin Williams.

-Claudine Longet ski tournament where every skier "gets shot by Claudine Longet".

And the best of all-

Jan Hooks- "Listen, we'll talk quietly so we don't disturb you."
    Joe Montana- "That's okay. I'll be in my bedroom masterbating."

• Options
    Stone193Stone193 Posts: 24,351 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm very partial to the real old days of the "Not Ready for Primetime" guys.

I was a big fan of Belushi and Akroyd.

mike
    Mike
  • Options
    Stone-

I was young when it started out, but I have a few Tapes and DVDs from the good ol' days. Todays show doesn't hold a candle to those shows. All those guys Belushi, Aykroyd, Chevy Chase, Bill Murray, Gilda Rattner, Andy Kaufman and then Eddie Murphy inthe early 80's. Some of my favorite old school skits are Eddie's. James Brown in the hot tub, Mr Robinson's neighborhood, Buckwheat... Good stuff. The best part of SNL is it has been a breeding ground for some great films. From Belushi and Aykroyd all the way to Farley and Sandler, the SNL Alum have made some very funny movies.

On a side note...I swear to god that Kevin Nealan is one of my company's web production team. This guy looks more italian, but his stature, dress, voice and hair is uncanny. I enjoy when he insults me like Nick Burns, The Computer Guy, that I know nothing about computers(Jimmy Fallon cracked me up too...sometimes). The funny thing is even though he insults my computer knowledge, with out guys like me selling the products that make networks run, guys like him would be out of a job. OK end of rantimage He really looks like Kevin N and I always think of his part in Happy Gilmore when he talks to me. Circular. Circular.
    EAMUS CATULI!

My Auctions
  • Options
    TNP777TNP777 Posts: 5,711 ✭✭✭
    oh man, some great laughs during the Will Farrell years. The obvious ones are of course the great cowbell skit and every one of the Jeopardy skits. I haven't downloaded any of them - are there any free links available?

Also love any of the Tim Meadows "Ladies Man" skits. I can just picture him lisping "Yeah, well that'th jutht dithguthting" when presented with something particularly deviant.

Sean Connery: I pose a conundrum to you, a riddle if you will.
    Alex Trebeck: I don't want to hear it.
    Sean Connery: What's the difference between you and a mallard with a cold. One's a sick duck... I can't remember how it ends, but your mother's a whore.

Alex Trebek: Let's see your answer.. [ screen reads "Buck" ] Oh, I'm sorry.. that must be your wager. A Buck. And you answer is.. [ screen reads "Futter" ] Futter. Buck Futter, I don't get it.
    Sean Connery: Ohhhh.. I think you do, Trebek. I think you do, indeed!

the Penis Mightier (The Pen is Mightier)
    Whore Semen (Famous Horsemen)
    Anal Bumcover (An Album Cover)
    The Rapists (Therapists)

• Options

Famous Titties(Famous Titles)

And then he said "Shnogged." image
    EAMUS CATULI!

My Auctions
  • Options
    How about the "Super Bass-O-Matic 76"skit with Dan Aykroyd? "That's terrific Bass!"

Or The Coneheads on Family Feud. "Name something people like to bite?"

Link
  • Options
    Brian48Brian48 Posts: 2,624 ✭✭✭

<< <i>I think I found the "Unfrozen Caveman Lawyer." Anyone remember this skit? I saw this, thought of that and wanted to pass it on...

That was a good skit. Not quite as good as Will Ferrell doing Harry Caray but I'm not a hot dog. >>

Hey, isn't this Johnny Damon's dad?
  • Options
    Anal Bum Covers for $200

That's "An album cover"
  • Options
    Having watched the show since its inception (I was a senior in high school), although the earlier shows had some great sketches, there were a lot of skeches that bombed also (I guess you only remember the good parts...like vacations).

I always thought the years with Billy Crystal, Christopher Guest, Martin Short and Michael McKean were the most consistenly funny and clever due to their versatility.
  • Options
    Does anyone remeber that skit were Billy Crystal was dressed like Sammy Davis Jr. and they were doing a Pyramid type game show and he was trying to give clues to his partner, who I think was suppose to be gay.

Stingray
  • Options
    That Jeopardy/Sean Connery episode was on not too long ago.. I was watching it in bed and rarely laugh out really loud but I couldn't help it and woke my wife up.. that skit is too funny.
  • Options
    Stingray- That was the Jackie Rogers Jr. $100,000 Jackpot Wad !!!! It was where Sammy Day 2 gave hints to the Christopher Guest character about types of food. He wouldnt guess the most obvious ones (there were some rauchy references and faces when he was describing a stalk of asparagus) but then got Chocolate Babies without a clue. I think the other celebrity was Jim Belushi dressed like Captain Kangaroo who wanted to strangle his inept partner.

Im almost positive I still have that on tape from when it first aired. Like I said above, those couple of years in the early 80's had some of the best shows ever.
  • Options

<< <i>Link to Jeopardy skits >>

Awesome, thanks now I can show my wife so she understands why I was laughing so much. image
  • Options
    mtcardsmtcards Posts: 3,342 ✭✭✭
    Burt Reynolds- Gimme Ape Tit for $400

Trebek- Thats Apetit Dejuner
    IT IS ALWAYS CHEAPER TO NOT SELL ON EBAY
  • Options
    You guys sure jogged some great memories, Eddie Murphy performing to the Vets...classic.

One of my favorites: "The Princess and the Homeboy (G-dog)" with Teri Hatcher and Tim Meadows, circa 1995. Anyone remember it?
    “Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that.” - George Carlin
  • Options

"I spent 5 years of my life trying to invent an anal bum cover and failing to do so is my greatest regret."

Now read it with a Sean Connery accent.

You really did huh. Good Stuff image
    EAMUS CATULI!

My Auctions