Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

1/1's only last so long...

Here is an auction for a 1/1 1975 Artis Gilmore PSA 10.

Little did the winner know that on the same day as the auction ended, Aug 23 the 2nd of this card was graded a 10. This one was mine and now I am wondering how this would affect the value of both cards. Should either he or I care to sell could we either expect this type of pricing. As I know that is unlikely the fact, what will happen to the pricing?

Any thoughts are appreciated

Jordan
EAMUS CATULI!

My Auctions

Comments

• Options
    CDsNutsCDsNuts Posts: 10,092
    You will get around $300-400 for yours if you wait awhile to list it. Gilmore was good enough that there is more than one guy trying to get this card in PSA 10. Why not email the 2nd and 3rd bidders and let them know you have a copy? Nothing to lose. I love this set by the way.

Lee
  • Options
    zef204zef204 Posts: 4,742 ✭✭

I love this set too and I actually got this card raw off the bay!

I think 70's Basketball is about to catch fuego. I think its more untapped than the hockey market. I have no idea about production #'s but I don't think any of it is very rare.
    EAMUS CATULI!

My Auctions
  • Options
    CDsNutsCDsNuts Posts: 10,092
    I don;t think rarity has anything to do with it as long as it isn't overproduced. 70s hockey probably has about 1/8th the production run of 70s baseball, but what's more valuable? I agree with your asessment about 70s basketball, but I've thought this for about 15 years. I mean hell, kids are walking around in $300 Artis Gilmore throwback jerseys, but no one wants his RC? Ridiculous.

Lee
  • Options
    Well count me in as another lover of this set. As others on the board love the '78 Topps baseball set, that is how I felt about the 1975-76 basketball set as a kid. Actually had a bunch of stuff graded from raw by SGC and then dumped it all because it's so hard to find clean raw cards from this year. Even harder is unopened wax boxes. I'm working on a run of Bucks team sets from 1969-81 and this is one of the toughest years to find. I have one card so far and I have a sweet Brian Winters rookie I need to bust out of the SGC holder and submit to PSA but that's it.