Home Sports Talk
Options

Felix Hernandez, meet the Yankees

Uh oh, I just jinxed the Yankees. Now they will lose. image

Even if the Yankees lose, the best part is Cano, who has been taking some beating up lately on this board by Axtey, Shanty-Townie, and Ctsoxfan, got it started.

Comments

• Options
    AxtellAxtell Posts: 10,037 ✭✭
    Wow took you all of 30 minutes to hold back before posting this crap.

You WISH you had anyone on the spankees staff with half the talent of this kid.

• Options
    RipublicaninMassRipublicaninMass Posts: 10,051 ✭✭✭
    Good point...what is 80 bucks an hour when the payroll is 200 million plus????? HAHAHAHAAA
  • Options
    Gemmy10Gemmy10 Posts: 2,990

Henandez is nervous and wild.
  • Options

Please put your nose back on your face and keep it there. It is disgusting.
  • Options
    And has an ERA this year (including tonight) of 2.03.

What's your point? That you'd give anything to have a prospect this talented on the yankees?

• Options

<<has an ERA this year (including tonight) of 2.03>>

Chacon had an ERA of 1.86 before last night.
  • Options

<< <i><<has an ERA this year (including tonight) of 2.03>>

Chacon had an ERA of 1.86 before last night. >>

No, his ERA is over 4. Just because you change leagues, doesn't wipe out the horrific pitching he showed prior.

• Options

Chacon's ERA as a Yankees is 3.13. To me that is all that counts.
  • Options

<< <i>Chacon's ERA as a Yankees is 3.13. To me that is all that counts. >>

haha bury your head in the sand.

So do you count only the wins the yankees have after their horrific start? 'That's all that counts to me!'

Ignorance is bliss, huh spammy?
  • Options
    <<Ignorance is bliss, huh spammy?>>

Yes it is. Axtey, I hate to break this very bad news to you, but the Mariners are not going to make the playoffs this year.
  • Options

<< <i><<Ignorance is bliss, huh spammy?>>

Yes it is. Axtey, I hate to break this very bad news to you, but the Mariners are not going to make the playoffs this year. >>

And neither are the Yankees!

• Options
    kuhlmannkuhlmann Posts: 3,326 ✭✭
    And neither are the Yankees!

axtell what happens if they do?? and i dont want to hear about the payroll bc you have been bashing it all year! are you gonna say sorry to gemmy? LOL
  • Options

I think they have a better shot than the Mourners. I site an example...if the season ended today they would be in like Flynn. ROFL
  • Options

<<axtell what happens if they do?? and i dont want to hear about the payroll bc you have been bashing it all year! are you gonna say sorry to gemmy?>>

He will go to the shed and never show his face on this board again.
  • Options

<< <i>And neither are the Yankees!

axtell what happens if they do?? and i dont want to hear about the payroll bc you have been bashing it all year! are you gonna say sorry to gemmy? LOL >>

No I'll have a good laugh and take my lumps for being wrong.

Unlike spammy, who jumps from prediction to prediction (Jeter will win the batting title! no wait, Arod will win the triple crown!). I make a prediction and I stick with it.

Say sorry to spammy? Hell no.
  • Options

<< <i><<axtell what happens if they do?? and i dont want to hear about the payroll bc you have been bashing it all year! are you gonna say sorry to gemmy?>>

He will go to the shed and never show his face on this board again. >>

Unlike you spammy, I don't go run and hide when my predictions are proven wrong.

You wouldn't know anything about that.

• Options

<<Jeter will win the batting title! no wait, Arod will win the triple crown!). I make a prediction and I stick with it.>>

Get your facts straight. I said I think Jeter will win the AL Batting title but since no one had mentioned it I sad ARod was close in the Triple Crown categories and COULD win the Triple Crown. Dem the facts buster.
  • Options
    ctsoxfanctsoxfan Posts: 6,246 ✭✭
    Just curious, but why post this now - I didn't see you posting here last night when the M's were spanking your boy Chacon 8-3.
  • Options

<< <i>Just curious, but why post this now - I didn't see you posting here last night when the M's were spanking your boy Chacon 8-3. >>

You've seen it...when the yankees lose, spammy has a mind probe that erases all memory of the event. Such as his ignoring last year's collapse at the hands of the sox.

He tried to break his spamming record the night they win, is nowhere on the board when they lost last night.

Now unit is pitching a gem and he's here again! Coincidence?
  • Options
    << Just curious, but why post this now - I didn't see you posting here last night when the M's were spanking your boy Chacon 8-3.>>

Look again....posted 1 1/2 hours before the game ended last night:

Tuesday August 30, 2005 8:20 PM

So much for Chacon's Honeymoon.

AND

Tuesday August 30, 2005 8:28 PM

Chacon must think he is back in Colorado.
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>Just curious, but why post this now - I didn't see you posting here last night when the M's were spanking your boy Chacon 8-3. >>

You've seen it...when the yankees lose, spammy has a mind probe that erases all memory of the event. Such as his ignoring last year's collapse at the hands of the sox.

He tried to break his spamming record the night they win, is nowhere on the board when they lost last night.

Now unit is pitching a gem and he's here again! Coincidence? >>

Sad, but true. And what's with this "Meet The Yanks" stuff? I just checked the score, and it was 2-0. Wow, pretty scary offensive outburst there by your $200 Million dollar team, against a young rookie kid.
  • Options
    Wow - look at this kids numbers through 8 innings against team $200 million -

IP H R ER W SO
    8.0 4 2 2 4 7

Not bad at all.
  • Options

<< <i>Wow - look at this kids numbers through 8 innings against team $200 million -

IP H R ER W SO
    8.0 4 2 2 4 7

Not bad at all. >>

The 2 home runs were solo shots, not too bad, 2 bad pitches all night. His ERA through his first 8 starts has his ERA at under 2.00, 1.84. I bet the yankees are drooling over themselves wishing they had a stud like this in their rotation.
  • Options
    I bet you would drool if your favorite baseball team had one World Series ring.
  • Options

<< <i>I bet would drool if your favorite baseball team had one World Series ring. >>

Huh? Is that English?

And again, there you go thinking the only way to determine a team worth rooting for is the one with a ring. I wonder if the yankees would be 'your' team if they'd never won a world series. I doubt it.
  • Options

You know what I meant. I typed so fast I made a typo.
  • Options

<< <i>You know what I meant. I typed so fast I made a typo. >>

Do you always make typos when you are 'righting' code for your $80+ hour job? Then get double billing when you have to go back through and edit them?

Good way to avoid the question though.