Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

True view pics - second try! 4 back from SF

LakesammmanLakesammman Posts: 17,292 ✭✭✭✭✭
I sure like the pics of the coins out of the holders. Look alot better than the ones I took holdered. Wonder when the price will go up?? Only downside is the time it takes and the $25 if you want a CD with megapixel pics.

Grades - P64, P65, P65, AU55.

"My friends who see my collection sometimes ask what something costs. I tell them and they are in awe at my stupidity." (Baccaruda, 12/03).I find it hard to believe that he (Trump) rushed to some hotel to meet girls of loose morals, although ours are undoubtedly the best in the world. (Putin 1/17) Gone but not forgotten. IGWT, Speedy, Bear, BigE, HokieFore, John Burns, Russ, TahoeDale, Dahlonega, Astrorat, Stewart Blay, Oldhoopster, Broadstruck, Ricko.

Comments

• Options
    BarryBarry Posts: 10,100 ✭✭✭
    Send those pics to Heritage and tell them THOSE are what coin pics SHOULD look like.
  • Options
    Very nice coins and pics. Is that 1856 a top pop? It is really nice!image
  • Options
    boiler78boiler78 Posts: 3,047 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Very nice and if memory serves me...... the coins look just like the imagesimage That half eagle is very well struck and frosty. Great type coin.image
  • Options
    coinlieutenantcoinlieutenant Posts: 9,305 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am seriously thinking about sending in my bust halves...

Great pics.
  • Options
    The price already went up from 8 to 10 !

i still think its a good value !
  • Options
    NumisOxideNumisOxide Posts: 10,989 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Awesome coins and pics.
  • Options
    xbobxbob Posts: 1,979
    Really stunning coins (and pics). Worth the extra $ IMHO.

BTW, what's that short curly thing on the second 58 proof, just under the "NT" in CENT. Ewww! image
    -Bob
    collections: Maryland related coins & exonumia, 7070 Type set, and Video Arcade Tokens.
    The Low Budget Y2K Registry Set
  • Options
    SethChandlerSethChandler Posts: 1,697 ✭✭✭✭
    Great Half Eagle. What keeps it from a 58? Nice color, reflectiveness.
    Collecting since 1976.
  • Options
    Who does PCGS use for Photography?????
    Constellatio Collector sevenoften@hotmail.com
    ---------------------------------
    "No Good Deed Goes Unpunished!"
    "If it don't make $"
    "It don't make cents""
  • Options
    airplanenutairplanenut Posts: 21,908 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Who does PCGS use for Photograhy????? >>

Phil Arnold (Darkhorse on the boards)
    JK Coin Photography - eBay Consignments | High Quality Photos | LOW Prices | 20% of Consignment Proceeds Go to Pancreatic Cancer Research
  • Options
    SandhawkSandhawk Posts: 1,154 ✭✭✭

Hey Barry,

imageimage

• Options
    ms70ms70 Posts: 13,946 ✭✭✭✭✭

Nice coins! Out of curiosity what's the fuzz on the reverse of 2nd 1858? Is that actually on the coin?

Great transactions with oih82w8, JasonGaming, Moose1913.

• Options
    MacCrimmonMacCrimmon Posts: 7,054 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Out of curiosity what's the fuzz on the reverse of 2nd 1858? >>

It could be a Canadian nostril hair...image

Lint mark, I hope.image

I just shipped 20 slabs for reholdering and images, and I'm working on another group of 50+ virgin never slabiphiled coins....hey, this could get expensive. I sure hope PCGS grades these coins accurately, or I will have to get Laura involvedimageimage
  • Options
    relayerrelayer Posts: 10,570

Those are outstanding image
    My posts viewed image times
    since 8/1/6
  • Options

<< <i>The price already went up from 8 to 10 !

i still think its a good value ! >>

I think its a bargain.It's not just the great photograph you see, but it's also the scratches you don't.

GTS
  • Options
    ms70ms70 Posts: 13,946 ✭✭✭✭✭

I'm going to assume that this won't be a service offered at a show? Or will it? image

Great transactions with oih82w8, JasonGaming, Moose1913.

• Options
    LakesammmanLakesammman Posts: 17,292 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Looks like a short hair strike through.

Don't expect that it will be a show service, at least not at the $10 level. I think there would be a market for very high end coins at the $100 level, allowing dealers to photo expensive coins for ads and keep them reasonably available in inventory for sale at the show. Can't compete against a service that can photo coins out of the holder and reholder them.
    "My friends who see my collection sometimes ask what something costs. I tell them and they are in awe at my stupidity." (Baccaruda, 12/03).I find it hard to believe that he (Trump) rushed to some hotel to meet girls of loose morals, although ours are undoubtedly the best in the world. (Putin 1/17) Gone but not forgotten. IGWT, Speedy, Bear, BigE, HokieFore, John Burns, Russ, TahoeDale, Dahlonega, Astrorat, Stewart Blay, Oldhoopster, Broadstruck, Ricko.
  • Options
    mgoodm3mgoodm3 Posts: 17,497 ✭✭✭
    Nice pics. My only problem with them is that I prefer pics that aren't reflected light like those are. I like to see the sparkle of the frost on dark fields for proofs instead of dark frost, light fields look. Those are just differences in technique though.
    coinimaging.com/my photography articles Check out the new macro lens testing section

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file