Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

BBCE Site back up!

Good news for all us wax junkies! Steve's site is back up....he is still getting inventory back in (according to website) but this is great!

Chris

Comments

• Options
    gregm13gregm13 Posts: 5,798 ✭✭✭
    Thank god. I was going into withdrawal!!

Regards,

Greg M.
    Collecting vintage auto'd fb cards and Dan Marino cards!!

References:
    Onlychild, Ahmanfan, fabfrank, wufdude, jradke, Reese, Jasp, thenavarro
    E-Bay id: greg_n_meg
  • Options
    softparadesoftparade Posts: 9,271 ✭✭✭✭✭

ISO 1978 Topps Baseball in NM-MT High Grade Raw 3, 100, 103, 302, 347, 376, 416, 466, 481, 487, 509, 534, 540, 554, 579, 580, 622, 642, 673, 724__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________ISO 1978 O-Pee-Chee in NM-MT High Grade Raw12, 21, 29, 38, 49, 65, 69, 73, 74, 81, 95, 100, 104, 110, 115, 122, 132, 133, 135, 140, 142, 151, 153, 155, 160, 161, 167, 168, 172, 179, 181, 196, 200, 204, 210, 224, 231, 240

• Options
    This weekend, he got up some photos of boxes, in addition to the cases already there. My withdrawl is subsiding finally....

Now I can drool over a '60 Leaf box, and his 70's and 80's stuff. '77 Vending case!
  • Options
    jayhawkejayhawke Posts: 1,287 ✭✭✭
    The site stated that BBCE lost names,addresses, etc. I would feel a little some comfortable if I new that my credit card information was not lost and the old site admin. possibly had access to it. Anyone else have those concerns? Steve could you let us know.
  • Options
    ctsoxfanctsoxfan Posts: 6,246 ✭✭
    Good point - I am sure Steve will address it if he sees this thread.
  • Options
    Hello!
    Yes, the site is finally back up. I listed 250 items last night(and still have 1250 to go)! It takes time. If I can list 250 per night I should be done this weekend.

Anyway, to address the issue of all my customer information. Every order that was made went through Verisign Security. I am still a Verisign member(you can click on the link at the bottom of our homepage). Everything that was entered was encypted through my website(through verisign) and then sent to me. I am the only one who had access. In fact, I even destroyed the information of credit cards after we used it. Sometimes a repeat customer would call or e-mail me an order and state "use the credit card on file". I then had to explain that we no longer had that information(it even seemed to iritate people sometimes that they had to resend the info). The good thing about credit cards is that if anything strange ever did show up, it would be taken care of immediately by me and your credit card company.

Back to work now(well, it seems I never stop working). Will have another 250 some items listed tonight on the website. Thanks, Steve
  • Options
    ctsoxfanctsoxfan Posts: 6,246 ✭✭
    Good enough for me - thanks, Steve!

• Options
    jayhawkejayhawke Posts: 1,287 ✭✭✭
    Excellent.
  • Options
    What is the web address??
  • Options
    Well, I took the plunge and purchased my first bit of unopened in my life. I hope I don't get addicted. I took the baby step of buying a cello box of 1981 Topps for $75.00. I like that set and thought it would be an easy way to satisfy my craving for some unopened stock.

I seems as though this site has a good reputation. Has anyone had any issues? I guess the only thing I would worry about, other then re-sealing, would be if the cards were printed in a predictable order, so that the person could tell what the packs contain without even opening them.

Who knows, at $75 it isn't a huge gamble. But, if I spent the $800 I was tempted to on the 1977 box, I would be a tad more concerned.
  • Options

<< <i>Well, I took the plunge and purchased my first bit of unopened in my life. I hope I don't get addicted. I took the baby step of buying a cello box of 1981 Topps for $75.00. I like that set and thought it would be an easy way to satisfy my craving for some unopened stock.

I seems as though this site has a good reputation. Has anyone had any issues? I guess the only thing I would worry about, other then re-sealing, would be if the cards were printed in a predictable order, so that the person could tell what the packs contain without even opening them.

Who knows, at $75 it isn't a huge gamble. But, if I spent the $800 I was tempted to on the 1977 box, I would be a tad more concerned. >>

You have absolutely no worries at all from my experiences.
    Collecting
    Minnie Minoso Master and Basic
    1967 Topps PSA 8+
    1960's Topps run Mega Set image
    "For me, playing baseball has been like a war and I was defending the uniform I wore, Every time I put on the uniform I respected it like the American flag. I wore it like I was representing every Latin country."--Minnie Minoso
  • Options
    I bought a cello box of '81's from Steve a few months ago. The packs were in perfect shape. I sent in several cards for grading. The Ryan, among others, came back a PSA 9. You'll have no problems with BBCE.

Shannon

• Options
    rbdjr1rbdjr1 Posts: 4,474 ✭✭

<< <i>Well, I took the plunge and purchased my first bit of unopened in my life. I hope I don't get addicted. I took the baby step of buying a cello box of 1981 Topps for $75.00. I like that set and thought it would be an easy way to satisfy my craving for some unopened stock.

Who knows, at $75 it isn't a huge gamble. But, if I spent the $800 I was tempted to on the 1977 box, I would be a tad more concerned. >>

Looks like $75 is an ok price. Here are some other '81 cello boxes for sale right now:

From: greatboxes (i.e., Don and Adam's Card World) $89.99

From: untouchableprices (i.e., untouchableprices.com Chicago, IL) $93.50

rbd
  • Options
    Issues...Issues....

Let me see, Yes there is one, Steve's inventory is a bit larger than my Bank Account.

Honestly, Good ...no Great stuff. Super Clean.
  • Options
    Very good! I am guessing 1981 cards are so reasonable since there really aren't any rookies to speak of. I am worried that opening older packs will get into my blood and more importantly, my wallet!
  • Options

<< <i>Issues...Issues....

Let me see, Yes there is one, Steve's inventory is a bit larger than my Bank Account.

Honestly, Good ...no Great stuff. Super Clean. >>

LOL. That's my issue too! His inventory is bigger than my bank account.

Today, he added some basketball and hockey. A 68/69 Topps hockey vending box!
  • Options
    zef204zef204 Posts: 4,742 ✭✭

Will,

You have nothing to worry about. I have bought a few boxes and a few cases from Steve(BBCE) and they all were beautiful. I even bought a few packs from him at National this year and I even had a good experience with those, and as we all know individual packs, let alone boxes or cases, is a risky buy. I think you will be pleased and if you are eyeing a 77 box, my guess is you will go for it shortly after you rip a few of those cellos. Please post scans of the 81's and/or the 77's if you go there. We all love a good box break!

Jordan
    EAMUS CATULI!

My Auctions
  • Options
    Stone193Stone193 Posts: 24,351 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Zef
    I was looking at his web and thinking about some vending boxes to play with. I have never opened wax that purchase to keep.

I want something fun but not too expensive. I was thinking of some 83T due to the great RCs in it.

mike
    Mike
  • Options
    zef204zef204 Posts: 4,742 ✭✭

Mike
    I think you will enjoy. Vending can be tough at times, but I would imagine the he has some that are really "case fresh." I have bought some on eBay that when I opened them I could tell they were unsearched, well at least they had the vending box pattern, but they had been very circulated. When you get vending from the case, you have pretty much only centering to worry about. Also that your money card isn't in the firs 20 or last 20 cards becasue those get beat from being packed in so tight. But from boxes that have been passed around indivdually even a few times, the corners can really get knicked and you will end up with only 50-100 cards that are clean. This is just my findings and I have busted quite a few vendors unfortunately both circulated and uncirc.

I do think you will have a good experience with an 83 vendor from BBCE and you likely will get a solid Ryno, Gwynn, Boggs or Ripken and maybe a few. All this unopened talk is giving me an itch and I may have to indulge again soon.

Jordan
    EAMUS CATULI!

My Auctions