Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Need Help With Colonial Copper Cent Coins

I have two well worn coins which appear to be Colonial copper cents.

I believe that one is a 1786 New Jersey and the other a 1787 Connecticut.

By viewing the image below, can a board member or members confirm this to be correct and also offer any other details on these coins if indicated?

Many thanks in advance for helping.

Ricardo

Comments

• Options
    I ain't no expert but....

The first does look like a 1786 Jersey but the obverse is upside down so I cant get good details.

The second looks like a 1787 mailed bust but with so many varites I can't tell which one is it. It also kinda looks like 1786 draped bust.

Maybe some experts can pinpoint the variety or a higher resolution scan.

Sorry I couldn't be more helpful., but I confirm your guesses.
  • Options
    RegulatedRegulated Posts: 2,992 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The New Jersey looks like an 1786 M.6c (Rarity-4) & the Connecticut Cent looks like a 32 obverse, but I can't make out the reverse - maybe an X.6??

What is now proved was once only imagined. - William Blake
  • Options
    Does this somewhat enhanced image help with further classification?

Thanks!

• Options
    lordmarcovanlordmarcovan Posts: 43,215 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>I believe that one is a 1786 New Jersey and the other a 1787 Connecticut.

By viewing the image below, can a board member or members confirm this to be correct and also offer any other details on these coins if indicated? >>

I can confirm that the top one is indeed a NJ copper and the bottom one a CT copper, but beyond that, I can't offer much info.

Explore collections of lordmarcovan on CollecOnline, management, safe-keeping, sharing and valuation solution for art piece and collectibles.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file