Home Sports Talk
Options

Raffy using a new substance...

AxtellAxtell Posts: 10,037 ✭✭
....earplugs!

He's inserted earplugs to try to block out the boos.

"Palmeiro inserted earplugs after he was loudly booed during his first at-bat in the Baltimore Orioles' 7-2 loss to the Toronto Blue Jays on Tuesday night."

Anyone else think that his weak performance this year after the suspension and compared to before when he was among the league leaders in HR and BA show just how clearly that steroids do make a difference?

He needs to hang it up after this year...he's nothing without the juice.

Comments

• Options

<< <i>....earplugs!

He's inserted earplugs to try to block out the boos.

"Palmeiro inserted earplugs after he was loudly booed during his first at-bat in the Baltimore Orioles' 7-2 loss to the Toronto Blue Jays on Tuesday night."

Anyone else think that his weak performance this year after the suspension and compared to before when he was among the league leaders in HR and BA show just how clearly that steroids do make a difference?

He needs to hang it up after this year...he's nothing without the juice. >>

I won't comment on the steroid use as I do not have time or patience to argue with the ignorant on the topic. But I will say that Palmeiro is creating an even bigger mess for his sorry self. He had a first ballot-HOF career thrown into doubt due to his positive test, won't tell us what happened, although he has promised he would, and now plays sparingly and with ear plugs to block out the noise. Yeah, keep doing that Mr. Idiot. It's kind of like telling the little kid not to look inside the big box. I wish he would just say that he got busted and would retire and let the issue calm down for 5 years.

Remember these Chuck Norris Facts

1. When Chuck Norris does a pushup, he isn't lifting himself up, he's pushing the Earth down
    2. According to Einstein's theory of relativity, Chuck Norris can actually roundhouse kick you yesterday
    3. There are no such things as lesbians, just women who have not yet met Chuck Norris
  • Options
    the guy is a joke
    -- Remember, don't do drugs, have unprotected sex, or kill anyone...leave that stuff to me.

• Options
    AxtellAxtell Posts: 10,037 ✭✭
    It's good to know I am being called ignorant for my views on steroid use.

If they didn't help, then why would people risk their careers, their lives to take it? If there is no benefit, why are people will to risk their credibility to take it? Why would they risk testing positive on a test and jeopardize their chances at the hall? I suspect that there are a great number of voters who will not vote for Raffy because of the entire cheating aspect...he won't be making the hall of fame.
  • Options
    Wow
    -- Remember, don't do drugs, have unprotected sex, or kill anyone...leave that stuff to me.

• Options
    JoeBanzaiJoeBanzai Posts: 11,237 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I work for a delivery company, often lifting heavy items. A co-worker of mine had to take a steroid because of some kind of goofy virus. I jokingly told him he was going to get as big as Arnold Swartzenegger. His reply was he wasn't sure about that, but while he was on "the juice" he felt like he could lift anything. I would say steroids do at least two things to benefit ballplayers, they heal injuries faster so they can get in more games and they boost confidence. I remember in my ballplaying days, I did better when I went up to the plate knowing I was going to smash the ball somewhere.

I don't think steroids will make a below average player great, but I do think they can have a large impact on a talented player.

Ban artificial turf!

JoeBanzai
    2013,14 and 15 Certificate Award Winner Harmon Killebrew Master Set and Master Topps Set