Home Buy, Sell, & Trade - U.S. Coins
Options

Nothing here now. Please see other thread.

A little help for fellow humans

If this gets high enough I will add a little something else.

Thank You.

Comments

• Options
    PQpeacePQpeace Posts: 4,799 ✭✭✭
    Very cool
    Larry Shapiro Rare Coins - LSRC
    POB 854
    Temecula CA 92593
    310-541-7222 office
    310-710-2869 cell
    www.LSRarecoins.com
    Larry@LSRarecoins.com

PCGS Las Vegas June 24-26
    Baltimore July 14-17
    Chicago August 11-15
  • Options
    BIGDAVEBIGDAVE Posts: 1,764 ✭✭✭
    I think that is very noble. I bid it up. If i win, I will pay you by Paypal, and you keep the coin and sell it again for More Relief..image

If I get Out bid I will send you My $65 Bid Anyway .

Come on every one Bid Or Pledge Money to Fairlaneman
    For the Red Cross
  • Options
    FairlanemanFairlaneman Posts: 10,404 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi Dave

Instead of sending money to me I would rather have the money go directly to the American Red Cross or someother relief agency. Need to keep this on the up and up. I very much appreciate your bidding in this worthy cause.

If people do not want to bid on the coin it would be very cool if they posted here and let everyone know that they have feelings for our fellow americans that are affected from this tragedy.

Cheers.

Ken

By the way. I went to ebay and typed in "Katrina Relief" and about 350 auctions came up. There is some really cool stuff that people are auctioning. Maybe try this if you want to contribute. I just may win a pair of Oregon Duck vs USC football tickets at Autzen Stadium.

"Go Ducks"
  • Options
    Ken
    If we all send a few dollars to you ( you are very Trusted) you can send it all at once from the Coin collectors Forum PCGS, NGC make a post there to
    Pm me your Email i will start the ball Rolling
    David
  • Options
    partagaspartagas Posts: 2,056 ✭✭✭
    I would highly advise against that Big Dave. I was a member of a stock trading community that did that online. We raised over $15,000 for humanitarian aid when Yugoslavia broke apart way back when. Needless to say, it ended up badly. Took forever to get the money there. No one knows if it all got there etc. Its a nice gesture, but not worth the potential headaches.

Its best everyone make the donations themselves or bid on the coin.
    If I say something in the woods, and my wife isn't around. Am I still wrong?
  • Options
    Well its hit a point where something else must be added. The extra coin is a 1938 P Merc graded MS 67 by PCGS. A white coin. This is in the Ebay auction but with no picture.

Thanks Much.

Ken
  • Options
    KoinlinkKoinlink Posts: 593 ✭✭✭
  • Options
    Dave99BDave99B Posts: 8,355 ✭✭✭✭✭
    A very classy move, Ken. Nice work.

Dave
    Always looking for original, better date VF20-VF35 Barber quarters and halves, and a quality beer.
  • Options
    My Donation Is on the Way ... You Go Kenimage
  • Options
    Dave99BDave99B Posts: 8,355 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ken - What happened to your auction?

Dave
    Always looking for original, better date VF20-VF35 Barber quarters and halves, and a quality beer.
  • Options
    Coin FinderCoin Finder Posts: 6,953 ✭✭✭✭✭

Tbig
  • Options
    p8ntp8nt Posts: 2,947 ✭✭✭
    Ebay probably pulled it because they cant tell the difference between a scam and a good auction. Many scammers are trying to take advantage of this terrible event.
  • Options
    What the heck is going on ? Ebay ended the auction. This I do not understand at all. Ebay also ended a auction that I was bidding on. Let me see what I can do about getting another auction started.

Good people try to do something and get kicked in the teeth for trying.

Thanks Much for the bids and Thanks to Dave who sent money via Pay Pal. Dave your money WILL GO to the Red Cross.

Maybe post to this and tell Ebay what you think.

Ken