Home Buy, Sell, & Trade - U.S. Coins
Options

2005 MARINE CORP SILVER $ COMMEM (PCGS-PR70DCAM) - AVAILABLE AND READY TO SHIP

$695 with free shipping anywhere in the US. This coin is subject to prior sale and price change w/o notice.

Wondercoin
Please visit my website at www.wondercoins.com and my ebay auctions under my user name www.wondercoin.com.

Comments

• Options
    a $40 issue price, and automatically worth $750.... lol. I think im going to take my chances with one from the mint... hell, i gotta wait until I get paid to buy the $40 one, let alone this one. Youd think they would give me one being in the marines and all...
  • Options
    XXXXXX Posts: 1,633 ✭✭✭
    OOO.................RAH
  • Options
    Lets not even talk about OOH----RAH right now... because honestly as of today I could care less.
  • Options
    OuthaulOuthaul Posts: 7,440 ✭✭✭✭✭
    It is normally in poor form to make disparaging comments of the wares being offered in another forum member's BST thread.

Finding an MS-70 or PR-70 in any coin is rare with a reputable grading service.

Cheers,

Bob
  • Options
    I understand this... and im not making a degrading comment. Good on him... thats damn lucky to get one. As much as I would love one... I cant simply afford $750 for a MS-70... hell, I can barely afford a new one for $40. So like I said, Ill spend $40, and take my chances on getting one. The difference comes into play for those who WANT an ms-70 for their collection, personally, half the time you cant see the difference between MS-69 and 70. If bragging rights is worth $750 to you, and im sure it is to many people, or those who have enought money to toss around like that, then good on ya... but personally, I have bills I have to worry about day in and day out.
  • Options
    wondercoinwondercoin Posts: 16,709 ✭✭✭✭✭
    30ANV - I appreciate your opinions on this subject and, no doubt, many Silver Commem collectors, like you, are happy with a PR69DC coin. But, I will tell you this - from the inspection of raw Proof Marine Dollars I have seen thus far, the vast majority of them are plagued with very small pinprik (spelled differently to get past censors) type marks and/or small planchet abrasions that keep the coins from any shot at the holy grail 70 grade level. IMHO, something less than 5% of coins will be free of these problems and candidates for a PCGS-PR70DC (and, of course, many of these weeded out coins will not achieve the PR70DC grade at PCGS).

So, again, I can appreciate that many, many collectors will be comfortable with a PR69DC coin. In fact, some may not even see or care that the coin has minor problems and be happy to pay $59 for a PCGS-PR69DCAM specimen. Others, seeking "PCGS perfection" may prefer a PR70DC coin. Is there really too much of a difference between this and a Lincoln cent collector who buys a "PQ" MS66RD 1909(svdb) cent for around $15,000 vs. the collector who wants the "just made it" MS67RD grade at $80,000? Think about it.

Wondercoin

P.S. Bob- Thank you for pointing out typical protocol on these boards, but, in this case, I do welcome the discussion.
    Please visit my website at www.wondercoins.com and my ebay auctions under my user name www.wondercoin.com.
  • Options
    I do honestly congradulate you on getting this coin. Im sure its onle one of very few, and in which case I do feel that $700 is a steal. There were very few minted, so someone will be picking this up soon im sure. Its an awesome investment in your case, and I do congradulate you. Honesly, if I had the money, I would try and put collections together with nothing but ms-70 coins... unfortinuately, im still working on my original penny book from 1909-1995. Im missing 5 coins... and none of the ones I have are near ms quality... thats the coins I play with. Maybe I came off wrong... im not bashing your price, or coin in any way, and I want those to know that... because for a ms-70 coin that is a good price... hell... my coin in sending off for grading im almost positive it will go ms-70, and i paid $30 for it... and its worth 1450 in ms-70... you can bet your butt ill sell it and pick one up of a lower grade, simply so i can try and finish my penny book. good on you man... great find.... I wish you luck in selling it.
  • Options

Wondercoin: Great find. Some people seem to think moderns are easy. Try to find a 2004 $25 platinum proof coin, and then look for a PCGS PR69 or 70. I can't even get my 2005 Legacy set from the Mint as it was just moved once more to a 10/20/05 ship date.
  • Options
    Proofquarter: Thank you.

04 $25 Proof Plats are tough coins right now. I have a couple customers on a waiting list I need to fill. And, of course, the 2004 $100 MS Plat with its roughly 7,000 mintage is right around the lowest MS mintage for the entire series of Plats. It amazes me that the coin trades so close to "melt".

Anyway, as I mentioned before - be it modern or classic, some collectors want the very finest (and are willing to pay up for it) and many others are quite content saving a ton of money and having "the next best thing". I don't fault either camp.

Wondercoin
  • Options
    I would love to be able to get a platinum coin. What is the best price you could get me on ANY platinum coin?? I know they are way up there, but I might be able to jump high enough.
  • Options
    XXXXXX Posts: 1,633 ✭✭✭
    Mitch, Contact me on the USMC 70.....Walt
  • Options
    30ANV: There are PCGS-PR69DCAM Plat coins that trade as little as $150/coin. Just PM me and let me know what you might be interested in.

Walt: I am currently out of the Marine PR70DC coins, but, do hope to get a few more in later this month.

Wondercoin
  • Options
    I now have a couple more coins available, if anyone is interested (just PM).

Wondercoin
  • Options
    radiomanradioman Posts: 763 ✭✭✭
    Mitch, Do you have any Proof or Mint State (69) Marine commemoratives
  • Options
    PCGS-PR69DCAM Marine Commems @ $55 delivered free anywhere in the US for board members. Just PM me if you are interested and please note that PR69DC coins can not ship for 2 additional business days.

Wondercoin