Home Sports Talk
Options

David wright top 5 in mvp race? mets better off without piazza!

Ramon castro clearly better player then mike now both offensive and defensive! mets now .5 out of the wild card! and im starting to believe there the team to beat!!

DAVID WRIGHT FOR MVP!!

Comments

• Options
    What a great win! Also, maybe Beltran's finally coming alive.
    Wise men learn more from fools than fools learn from the wise.

• Options
    What a great win tonight

Pedro tommorow baby !

• Options
    yawie99yawie99 Posts: 2,575 ✭✭✭
    I thought all that talk about the Mets over the offseason was a bunch of hooey, but they're finally looking like a playoff threat. Pretty amazing considering what a bust Beltran's been, though I guess that could finally be changing too. Like you said, it's a real testament to how awesome David Wright has been.
    imageimageimageimageimageimage
  • Options
    1420sports1420sports Posts: 3,473 ✭✭✭
    David Wright is a stud ... and he is on fantasy team!

Unfortunatley, I am "keeping" Pujols, Cabrera, and Utley next season, as we can only keep three players.
    collecting various PSA and SGC cards
  • Options
    kuhlmannkuhlmann Posts: 3,326 ✭✭
    dont be a homer drop utley! wright is a future hall of famer. this kid has it all.
  • Options
    yawie99yawie99 Posts: 2,575 ✭✭✭
    If there's a utility position in your league, I'd keep Wright over Utley. If not, I can see keeping Utley since you'd already have a stud third baseman in Cabrera. But then again, I can easily see Wright being an even more potent offensive force than Cabrera next year. Tough call.
    imageimageimageimageimageimage
  • Options
    ctsoxfanctsoxfan Posts: 6,246 ✭✭
    How about those Mets! Great win tonight, indeed - and David Wright is a having a tremendous season.

That sound you hear in New York is Jeter / A-Rod posters being ripped down, and Wright / Reyes posters going up!
  • Options
    1420sports1420sports Posts: 3,473 ✭✭✭
    Tough call.

tell me about it image

Utley
    AB HR AVG RBI R SB
    418 19 .294 78 68 13

Wright
    AB HR AVG RBI R SB
    461 21 .315 83 85 16

stats are very similiar ....
    collecting various PSA and SGC cards
  • Options
    Perhaps you should keep Utley image
  • Options
    Gemmy10Gemmy10 Posts: 2,990

<<wright is a future hall of famer. this kid has it all.>>

kuhlmann, with all due respect, Wright is a great player but I think it is a little premature to call him a future Hall of Famer. After all, he could get an injury which puts a damper on his career like Donnie Baseball. You get an A+ for spamming from the Expert Spamminator.
  • Options
    kuhlmannkuhlmann Posts: 3,326 ✭✭
    kuhlmann, with all due respect, Wright is a great player but I think it is a little premature to call him a future Hall of Famer. After all, he could get an injury which puts a damper on his career like Donnie Baseball. You get an A+ for spamming from the Expert Spamminator.

LOL gemmy!! it was a week since i posted so i just wanted to let everyone know about david wright!

and 1420 maybe you might want to keep utley that $&$@&amp;$@&amp;$@&amp;@&amp;%#&#*&^%)^_(*^*($^%@#&amp;%#&^$!!! good player though image
  • Options
    WinPitcherWinPitcher Posts: 27,726 ✭✭✭
    The next 2 weeks will tell if the mets can sustain the run.

they play the cards, phils, braves and marlins I think.

i guess ya gotta believe.

SD
    Good for you.
  • Options

<<LOL gemmy!! it was a week since i posted so i just wanted to let everyone know about david wright!>>

Both my brother-in-laws as well as my sister-in-law are huge Mets fans. One of my B-in-Law's is also a big David Wright fan. My wife was a huge Mets fan before we got married but she converted to the Yankees when the kiddies were born. In fact, when she was single one year she went to the beggining of the season Mets Welcome Home Dinner.
  • Options

<<The next 2 weeks will tell if the mets can sustain the run. they play the cards, phils, braves and marlins I think.>>

Wow, the Mets certainly do have a tough schedule.