Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum

Thurman Munson autographs

I would think Mrs. Munson would have several signed items including cancelled checks and if she ever released them Munson's autograph would go down quite a bit in value. Thoughts?

Comments

• jrinckjrinck Posts: 1,321 ✭✭
    Maybe she already has?

• She has sold some. A few years back around the 25th anniversary of Munson's death his wife did sell some of Thurman's stuff including autographs. I wonder what she has left.

• i doubt prices would go down. Pete Maravich's wife has cleaned out her closets....and anything with his signature still sets you back about $500. I'd imagine that being a yankee, nothing short of resurrection is going to cool authentic munson autos.
    Duner a.k.a. THE LSUConnMan
    lsuconnman@yahoo.com

• Not to long ago when Ed Kranepool was operating his version of the "Memorabilia Roadshow", Diane donated quite a few items that were signed including his pilots license....
  • jskirwinjskirwin Posts: 700 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Not to long ago when Ed Kranepool was operating his version of the "Memorabilia Roadshow", Diane donated quite a few items that were signed including his pilots license.... >>

You'd think that she would have burned the damned thing.
  • Gemmy10Gemmy10 Posts: 2,990

I'm with you.
  • IronmanfanIronmanfan Posts: 5,424 ✭✭✭✭
    "Diane donated quite a few items".......She was obviously paid for these pieces (check book register?....). Hopefully the money went to a good cause. I can tell you that there was no donation going on.
    Successful dealings with Wcsportscards94558, EagleEyeKid, SamsGirl214, Volver, DwayneDrain, Oaksey25, Griffins, Cardfan07, Etc.
  • IronmanfanIronmanfan Posts: 5,424 ✭✭✭✭
    The item I personally found MOST distasteful was the letter that Carlton Fisk's wife sent to her after the accident. I wonder back in 1979 if Fisk's wife knew that Ms Munson would be profiting financially from it 20- plus years later she would even have had the courtesy to write it.
    Successful dealings with Wcsportscards94558, EagleEyeKid, SamsGirl214, Volver, DwayneDrain, Oaksey25, Griffins, Cardfan07, Etc.