Home Sports Talk

Yanks pick up more scrapheap players

I believe the Yanks are going to sign Mark Bellhorn, once he passes through waivers. Another player cast off by a team, only to be desperately grabbed by the Yanks. Why sign him? Isn't Cano the future?

Perhaps the Yanks can take Millar as well - he'll help us more that way.

Comments

• DeutscherGeistDeutscherGeist Posts: 2,990 ✭✭✭✭
    We need all the scrap heap we can get. Remember, we are trying to salvage a season, not impress opposing fans. This team of cast offs, ageless and injury prone players are starting to roll, so the plan is working.

Millar? I thought you guys loved him. Put in Olerud full time--it is a waste of talent otherwise. Olerud is a real player.
    "So many of our DREAMS at first seem impossible, then they seem improbable, and then, when we SUMMON THE WILL they soon become INEVITABLE "- Christopher Reeve

BST: Tennessebanker, Downtown1974, LarkinCollector, nendee
  • Gemmy10Gemmy10 Posts: 2,990

<<can take Millar as well>>

You don't like Millar? Isn't he KING of the Cowboy Up red necks?
  • Remlinger is available too!! imageimageimage
  • ctsoxfanctsoxfan Posts: 6,246 ✭✭
    Watch Remlinger end up with the Yanks by the weekend - and he was plain awful with the Sox.

I like Millar, but he hasn't hit much this year, and he is hearing the boos in Fenway.

Spammy, Alvarez is a rookie pitcher for the Sox. You have heard of rookies before, right? Players from a team's farm system - not players you go out and buy? I believe he has pitched in 2 games in the majors.
  • AxtellAxtell Posts: 10,037 ✭✭
    Cano was the next Carew! This year's rookie of the year!