Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Dmitri Young's collection

Comments

• Options
    mcholkemcholke Posts: 1,000 ✭✭
    Thanks for the article. It is nice to see some of the current players appreciate the history of the game and are willing to spread the word to the next generation.

Collecting Tony Perez PSA and Rookie Baseball PSA

• Options
    frankhardyfrankhardy Posts: 8,046 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Are there any other active players that collect that anyone knows about? What about retired players? I have heard that Dan Schatsitter (I know the spelling is wrong, but that's what it sounds like!) collects. And there was a former knuckle ball pitcher that was featured in SMR that collects, but I can't think of his name.

Shane

• Options
    StingrayStingray Posts: 8,843 ✭✭✭
    Tom Candiotti is who you are thinking of.

Stingray
  • Options
    mikeschmidtmikeschmidt Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭
    Stingray:

Dan Schatzeder is also an active collector
    I am actively buying MIKE SCHMIDT gem mint baseball cards. Also looking for any 19th century cabinets of Philadephia Nationals. Please PM with additional details.
  • Options
    mikeschmidtmikeschmidt Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭
    also - GAI is selling a DVD featuring some of the cards from Dmitri's collection
    I am actively buying MIKE SCHMIDT gem mint baseball cards. Also looking for any 19th century cabinets of Philadephia Nationals. Please PM with additional details.
  • Options
    RedHeart54RedHeart54 Posts: 2,271 ✭✭✭
    Has a Clemente rookie sold for $250,000??? (That sounds REALLY high even if was a PSA 10.)
  • Options
    ndleondleo Posts: 4,078 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dmitri does shop around the local hobby stores in Detroit. He only buys the highest grade for any card. He has a local dealer that manages his buying for him.
    Mike
  • Options
    purduepetepurduepete Posts: 790 ✭✭✭
    It looks like Dimitri will have his collection of PSA 10 HOF rookie cards on display at the National this year...

Text
    Tom

Collecting: Topps 1952-79, Bowman 1952-55, OPC 1965-71, and Pre-War White Sox cards
  • Options
    mickeymantle24mickeymantle24 Posts: 2,768 ✭✭✭

<< <i>It looks like Dimitri will have his collection of PSA 10 HOF rookie cards on display at the National this year...

Text >>

Yes, I wish I coud go just to see them, I saw a picture of that Jackson rookie it is awesome. I know he should have enough money to buy all of these gem rookie cards!
  • Options
    SDSportsFanSDSportsFan Posts: 5,094 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Gary Carter was/is a collector. Also, there have been articles about Reggie Jackson buying up copies of his rookie card, and Andre Dawson being seen wandering card show aisles and making assorted buys.

As Stingray mentioned, Tom Candiotti is a big collector. In fact, several of his cards, including the PSA 8 T206 Plank, are pictured in Joe Orlando's book "The Top 200 Sportscards in the Hobby".

Steve
  • Options
    Dmitri Young is a chump.
    There's a hole in my head where the rain comes in.
  • Options
    WinPitcherWinPitcher Posts: 27,726 ✭✭✭
    I wonder how many of his cards are in BCCG holders.

Afterall a BCCG 10 is gold!

Steve
    Good for you.
  • Options
    mickeymantle24mickeymantle24 Posts: 2,768 ✭✭✭

<< <i>I wonder how many of his cards are in BCCG holders.

Afterall a BCCG 10 is gold!

Steve >>

• Options
    gumbyfangumbyfan Posts: 5,159
    Maybe I will stop by and beg him to let me win a PSA 9 Yount rookie on ebay. He's won something like the last 10 of them...and the last one went for $727! That card usually sells around $400 or less when he's not involved.
  • Options
    VitoCo1972VitoCo1972 Posts: 6,127 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Maybe I will stop by and beg him to let me win a PSA 9 Yount rookie on ebay. He's won something like the last 10 of them...and the last one went for $727! That card usually sells around $400 or less when he's not involved. >>

Is he cracking and resubbing?
  • Options
    MooseDogMooseDog Posts: 1,946 ✭✭✭
    Patrick Roy is rumored to have one of the finest hockey card collections anywhere.
  • Options
    WinPitcherWinPitcher Posts: 27,726 ✭✭✭
    He must be cracking them and sending them to BCCG I hear you can make a ton of money doing that.

Steve
    Good for you.
  • Options
    kmnortonkmnorton Posts: 1,050 ✭✭✭
    Phil Hughes used to frequent Becketts and seems to be a collector.
    IWTDMBII
  • Options
    gumbyfangumbyfan Posts: 5,159

<< <i>

<< <i>Maybe I will stop by and beg him to let me win a PSA 9 Yount rookie on ebay. He's won something like the last 10 of them...and the last one went for $727! That card usually sells around $400 or less when he's not involved. >>

Is he cracking and resubbing? >>

If he is, I doubt he's getting any bumps! Some of the 9's he's picked up were low end at best. I'm beginning to regret having sold the 9 I had a year ago...
  • Options
    cardbendercardbender Posts: 1,831 ✭✭
    D. Youngs cards will be on display at the National at the PSA booth I believe.