Home World & Ancient Coins Forum

For those who missed the Russian coins in the last Goldberg sale.....

About 300+ lots start here.

WorldCoinGuy had mentioned about Russian prices in the other post; well yes, the prices were commensurate with the museum quality of many of these pieces.

And, many Russians were in attendance with what seemed like plenty of 6-figure credit lines.

Comments

• Yes unfortunately, they are too expensive image I don't think I can even afford even a single piece of them due to their ridicious surging prices these few years :/

On other hand... geez, never expected 4 Russian coins made it to the top 10 highlight items... image
    List of my partial coin list: My Coin List
  • worldcoinguyworldcoinguy Posts: 2,999 ✭✭✭✭
    MacCrimmon - your point is more than valid. Those pieces were absolutely museum quality, and the Goldberg auctions attract the biggest players. I had a wonderful opportunity to see a few of the pieces from that particular auction, and they were without equal. A few were simply mesmerizing. We could probably make a list of US coin series that have experienced the same high end trending in the past years. I was musing more about the jump in prices of average stuff in cases at shows. Just call me 'master of the obvious'....