Home Sports Talk
Options

Griffey ties Foxx for #13 on the all-time run list

Hey!
Ken Griffey Jr. just tied Jimmy Foxx for #13 on the all-time homerun list at number five hundred and something??????... Does anyone know exactly how many homers he has and who are the #5-12 guys on the homerun list. I know Aaron is #1, Ruth #2, Bonds #3, and Mays #4... Thanks for the info!
Paul

Comments

• Options
    At the start of the season

1. Hank Aaron+ 755 R
    2. Babe Ruth+* 714 L
    3. Barry Bonds* (39) 703 L
    4. Willie Mays+ 660 R
    5. Frank Robinson+ 586 R
    6. Mark McGwire 583 R
    7. Sammy Sosa (35) 574 R
    8. Harmon Killebrew+ 573 R
    9. Reggie Jackson+* 563 L
    10. Rafael Palmeiro* (39) 551 L
    11. Mike Schmidt+ 548 R
    12. Mickey Mantle+# 536 B
    13. Jimmie Foxx+ 534 R
    14. Willie McCovey+* 521 L
    Ted Williams+* 521 L
    16. Ernie Banks+ 512 R
    Eddie Mathews+* 512 L
    18. Mel Ott+* 511 L
    19. Eddie Murray+# 504 B
    20. Ken Griffey* (34) 501 L
  • Options
    here u go

1. H Aaron 755
    2. B Ruth 714
    3. B Bonds* 703
    4. W Mays 660
    5. S Sosa* 588
    6. F Robinson 586
    7. M McGwire 583
    8. H Killebrew 573
    9. R Palmeiro* 569
    10. R Jackson 563
    11. M Schmidt 548
    12. M Mantle 536
    13. J Foxx 534
    13. K Griffey* 534
    Current Sets:
    1960 Armour Coins
    Greg Maddux Basic
    Greg Maddux Master
    All Time 49ers
  • Options
    I don't know if most people would put that asterisk by Junior Griffey's name; sure, he's in the "steroid era", but most would concur that his placement is strictly in the chronological sense.
    Kobe Who? image At least Dwyane pays proper respect to Da Big Aristotle image

Yes, I collect shiny modern crap image

All your Shaq are belong to me image
  • Options
    Im thinking the asterisk just meant they were current players. Otherwise, there would be a large one next to McGwire.
  • Options
    haha yeh the "*" was indeed because the site that had the list had the * for current players...maybe sending you the LINK is better.
    Current Sets:
    1960 Armour Coins
    Greg Maddux Basic
    Greg Maddux Master
    All Time 49ers
  • Options
    WinPitcherWinPitcher Posts: 27,726 ✭✭✭
    #.............means switch hitter

Griffey is on a tear right now. I hope he gets to the Series b4 he retires. he is one of MLB good guys.

SD
    Good for you.
  • Options
    I am very happy for Griffey and his great year. I think he is having a great year and hope he keeps it up, but does anyone think he will be harmed in the future (HOF voting) for wanting to stay with the Reds near the cellar of the pathetic NL Central instead of jumping to a team (White Sox) certain to make the playoffs this year? Who knows what the future holds, but this is his chance to get into the playoffs and possibly win a series.

Just curious

Remember these Chuck Norris Facts

1. When Chuck Norris does a pushup, he isn't lifting himself up, he's pushing the Earth down
    2. According to Einstein's theory of relativity, Chuck Norris can actually roundhouse kick you yesterday
    3. There are no such things as lesbians, just women who have not yet met Chuck Norris
  • Options
    KnucklesKnuckles Posts: 2,512 ✭✭✭
    He'll end his career being in the top 5 hopefully unless something seriously bad happens to him. The feats he's accomplishing couldn't be happening to a nicer guy.
  • Options
    DirtyHarryDirtyHarry Posts: 1,914 ✭✭
    Ditto Knuckles. You want a guy like Griffey to be the one that breaks records. Unlike you know who.
    "A man's got to know his limitations...." Dirty Harry

Unfocused, impulsive collector of everything ...