Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Beckett-Buy/Sell Boards, anyone use them?

I was checking some prices today for some game used/auto cards on the online beckett guides and I saw some cards had buyers or buy offers, has anyone used this? What fees do they charge? any help appreciated. Thanks.
My ebay store IS CLOSED TEMPORARILY

Comments

• Options
    jrdolanjrdolan Posts: 2,549 ✭✭
    I haven't said anything bad about Beckett for a couple days now. image But eBay is much cheaper on autos and other inserts.
  • Options
    GriffinsGriffins Posts: 6,076 ✭✭✭
    what's a beckett?

Always looking for Topps Salesman Samples, pre '51 unopened packs, E90-2, E91a, N690 Kalamazoo Bats, and T204 Square Frame Ramly's

• Options

<< <i>what's a beckett? >>

Wasn't he an evil Dr. that lost relevance after the invention of ebay?
    Collecting
    Minnie Minoso Master and Basic
    1967 Topps PSA 8+
    1960's Topps run Mega Set image
    "For me, playing baseball has been like a war and I was defending the uniform I wore, Every time I put on the uniform I respected it like the American flag. I wore it like I was representing every Latin country."--Minnie Minoso
  • Options
    eyeboneeyebone Posts: 1,402 ✭✭✭
    Bought some 1970-71 OPC hockey cards from a guy on there and will never do so again. The cards were overgraded by at least two grades (and several were even creased). He called then EX-MT and I would say VG-EX at best There is very little recourse in a situation like this either.

Eyebone
    "I'm not saying I'm the best manager in the world, but I'm in the top one." Brian Clough
  • Options
    CariconCaricon Posts: 819 ✭✭
    I did once a long time ago. I needed a card to finish a set. It was just a common. I know I spent
    at least over $1 for it. But when you need it, you'll spend that little extra. I found Beckett has a
    lot of commons available to complete sets, but your sure going to pay for it. Now the other time I
    was on Beckett, did a trade with someone. It wasn't much, but the other person never came thru.
    I do check Beckett pages mostly just to read stories and such. But I havn't done a trade on there
    for 3-4 years now.
  • Options
    kingraider75kingraider75 Posts: 1,500 ✭✭
    I use their Estore to finish sets. The prices are basically full book on commons, but the local shops often don't have the cards. I use to drive at least an hour to try to finish sets, but with gas almost $3 a gallon in the LA, it's not worth it. Overpaying for commons, is a lot cheaper than paying for gas for a Saturday of driving all around town.
    Running an Ebay store sure takes a lot more time than a person would think!
  • Options
    mtcardsmtcards Posts: 3,342 ✭✭✭
    For those commons to finish a set, Beckett is a good place. Also if you have some high dollar inserts, you have a chance to sell them for more than you would get on ebay. But for vintage, I would never use them
    IT IS ALWAYS CHEAPER TO NOT SELL ON EBAY