Home Buy, Sell, & Trade - U.S. Coins

OK, let's try this again without the child's play-Re: the sale of my Wash 25c Registry Set- "Ta

Since my last attempt at this became so tainted, I'd just as soon forget it and start over. So without adieu, let's try this again.

I have seriously been pondering whether to sell my Washington Quarter (32-64) Registry set, ranked 13th both here and across the street, or to send the entire set in for regrade. I feel VERY confident that several pieces will upgrade nicely. I now have pix available for any interested parties and will endeavor to add them to the set. There are several key dates and mint marks in 66 that are clearly as nice as the 67s.

I am debating whether or not I want to submit the set for a total regrade BECAUSE when I began assembling it I was very fortunate to have picked up several "coins of Provenance", "made" back when PCGS' standards were high and grading was tight and being these are pedigreed coins I don't want to lose the pedigrees should the coins not upgrade. I am soooo picky that frankly the thought of sending these older, problem free specimens in for regrade terrifies me. I just don't want any "accidents" to happen.

As for price, the Numimedia Guide , IN MY OPINION, is utterly ridiculous. Here are 3 prime examples why I feel this way. 1955-D PCGS 66, 1961-D and 62-D in 66. The guide has each coin at under $100. RIGHT ! You show me anywhere any of these can be found graded by PCGS as 66 for under $100 and I will buy every last one of them. However, for what it's worth, whenever I dabble with my set across the street it shows me what Numismedia values it at.

I have a 41-S "Small S" and for some reason the Guide doesn't show a price. Last time I looked there were only 2 in NGC census with the top pop being a 66. Obviously mine, which is pedigreed and a PCGS coin and not attributed as such, ties for top pop if so attributed. Point is, with that, this ridiculous Guide has the set valued at over $37,000.00

THIS DOES NOT INCLUDE THE 34 PCGS 65 LIGHT MOTTO, THE 34-D HEAVY MOTTO (Small D- VERY RARE), NOR THE PCGS 65 1934 HEAVY MOTTO, that are considered varieties and not a part pf the regular 83 coin set, which if you think about it, being they were circulation/ business strikes should be (at least the 34 Light and or Heavy Motto) Any of these 34s should be able to fit into the 1934 slot. (JMHO)

The 34-D "Small D HEAVY MOTTO" created quite a stir at NGC 1) because although their Census provides for 34-D Regular Motto Large and Small D it does NOT do so for the 34-D HEAVY MOTTO, let alone the 34-D HM SM D. When I showed the coin to them they said they had never even seen one before. HELLO !! WE'RE TALKING REALLY RARE HERE.

I am offering the set here for two very obvious reasons. #1- So I save money on all these ridiculous auction fees and #2- to save YOU from having to pay the 10- 20 percent "juice". Nothing is set in stone nor do I HAVE TO or NEED TO sell the st but I find myself wanting to take up another challenge. Everyone feels their coins are the best, just as I do and once a goal is attained it's time to move on.

I feel my coins are as nice as they come and they suit me just fine therefore there is no want or need to run out and buy coins with higher numbers on their labels. If a few upgrade I will have taken it as far as I care to but I am not, I repeat, going to sacrifice superior specimens for ugly ones with so called higher grades.

BTW, I'd like to publicly thank all those who had my back and stood up for me, including SM1. Thanks everyone. image

Comments