Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

1955 Topps Doubleheaders - Fold Question.

I just acquired a 1955 Topps Doubleheaders Hank Aaron. The cards has the fold on the back from switching images from Hank to Ray Herbert. The fold doesn't show in the front. How is this graded? Is the fold considered a "normal" wear on the card or is it a defect (like popping out the 1964 Topps Stand-ups). I've never seen one that wasn't folded.

Attached is a scan of the back.
Mike

Comments

• Options
    Some 55 doubleheaders were issued without the perforations and will only be graded by SGC and labeled "unperforated"...
  • Options
    schr1stschr1st Posts: 1,677 ✭✭
    If this helps:

I think they factor in the fold when grading, otherwise I doubt this would have gotten a 5. And yes, it's signed by Herbert on the other side as well. image
    Who is Rober Maris?
  • Options
    ndleondleo Posts: 4,078 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thansk schr1st. My cards is very close to yours. I was thinking a PSA 5, but I was concerned that the fold would knock it down to a PSA 3.

Which auto was harder to get? Hank's or Ray's?
    Mike
  • Options
    schr1stschr1st Posts: 1,677 ✭✭
    Actually, I purchased the card after it had been signed. It was graded at the 2004 National, and was being sold by the same person I bought my 1973 Topps Mays/Aaron dual signed card. I wanted to get both, but didnt' have the funds. A few weeks after the National, I purchased the card. Until I get an signed Aaron rookie for my PSA/DNA set, this will do nicely.

<< <i>Thansk schr1st. My cards is very close to yours. I was thinking a PSA 5, but I was concerned that the fold would knock it down to a PSA 3.

Which auto was harder to get? Hank's or Ray's? >>

Who is Rober Maris?