Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

1984 Donruss question

While going thru some sets today to send cards in to be graded I noticed the Ron Darling card had no number. Everything else on the card matched the other rated rookies. Just wondering if this is a variant or just a printing error. Thanx Joe

Comments

• Options
    AkbarCloneAkbarClone Posts: 2,476 ✭✭✭
    PSA set registry for 84 Donruss

See card #30 in above link.
    I collect Vintage Cards, Commemorative Sets, and way too many vintage and modern player collections in Baseball (180 players), Football (175 players), and Basketball (87 players). Also have a Dallas Cowboy team collection.
  • Options
    DerekDDerekD Posts: 388 ✭✭
    It's a variation. If I remember right, the no number was from the wax and the numbered version was from the factory sets.
  • Options
    Thanks for the link. I see the weighting is the same and there are 15 no # compared to 10 #30 Darlings so I guess it is pretty common.
  • Options
    rvcrvc Posts: 559 ✭✭
    " there are 15 no # compared to 10 #30 Darlings so I guess it is pretty common. "

joe -what do you mean?
    Bob
  • Options
    If you look in the population report at 1984 Donruss they have two Ron Darling cards listed.
    For the unnumbered version there are 5 in psa 8 and 10 in psa 9 for a total of 15 cards.
    For card number 30 they show 6 in psa 8, 3 in psa 9, and 1 in psa 10 for a total of 10 cards.
    with more of the variation graded then the normal card it probly in not a rare find and
    not included in the submission I'm sending in today. I just realized the Aug. special and
    and have 65 cards from my sets going in. Alot of Ryans from '72 forward , a '81 Montana
    some nice cards.
  • Options
    RedHeart54RedHeart54 Posts: 2,270 ✭✭✭
    The Mike Stenhouse card (#29 I think) had the same deal as the Darling. The Factory set cards had the numbered card, the pack cards did not.