Home Sports Talk
Options

If Hurricane Katrina flattens N.O. as projected...

Who will attend Saints games this year? How will the utter destruction of low-lying Big Easy affect team morale? Attendance? Player performance?

This is a serious, once a century event that is about to level one of the prettiest cities in the United States, it will turn it into a huge toilet bowl if Katrina makes landfall as a category 5 hurricane. Rebuilding N.O. would take decades to rebuild if it is indeed annihilated.

Again, who will attend Saints games this season, even if they move to Baton Rouge @ LSU to play their games?

Comments

• Options
    They could move to San Antonio, Texas and play in the Alamo Dome. Tom Benson is from here.
    Go Cowboys!!!!!!!!!! image
  • Options
    I think that if it flattens NO as projected, the attendance and location of the Saints games will be one of the least of their worries.
  • Options
    DirtyHarryDirtyHarry Posts: 1,914 ✭✭
    Agreed Cubfan....secondary to the rest. I did find it interesting that the dome in N.O. had it's own atmosphere...weather so to speak. Hope all come out of this with minor damage...
    "A man's got to know his limitations...." Dirty Harry

Unfocused, impulsive collector of everything ...
  • Options
    DirtyHarryDirtyHarry Posts: 1,914 ✭✭
    At the risk of posting to my post......saw that the Superdome was a refuge for about 10,000 displaced N.O. folks who did not make it out during the evacuation. A small chunk of the roof blew off, but per the mayor of NO, it is a save haven. Regards.
    "A man's got to know his limitations...." Dirty Harry

Unfocused, impulsive collector of everything ...
  • Options
    WOW 8 years, how time flys.